Shark Tale teaser trailer coming soon?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2003   #1
Thumbs down Shark Tale teaser trailer coming soon?

'Shark Tale' Trailer Date?
2003-11-10 04:59:28
According to a source close to the project, DreamWorks Shark Tale teaser trailer is expected to premiere in theatres late November or early December.

The source claims that to his best knowledge the teaser will either premiere in front of The Cat in the Hat or next month in front of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.

I can't tell you much but DreamWorks is pulling some strings for Shark Tale massive marketing campaign beginning with a teaser late this month or early next month.

After watching the shiny ocean in Disney/Pixar Finding Nemo, I am ready for a dark underworld mob tale. Visit DreamWorks SKG Animation Fansite-Shark Tale for up to date information.

http://www.dreamworksfansite.com/fullstory.php?id=186

Old 11 November 2003   #2
i heard from "sources" working on the film that the whole soul of the film has been destroyed by the marketing department, they tried to play down the whole mafia thing to appeal more to kids, hence the name change.

Old 11 November 2003   #3
I doubt the name change has ripped out the "soul" of the movie as you put it....movie titles are changed all the time....they are just tryin to make sure ShakeTale does as well as possible.

If the name turns off parents cuz it has SLAYER in it....why not just change the title....I see nothing wrong with that...

From what ive heard inside Dworks....SharkTale is still the dark mafia comedy they intended it to be...so I wouldnt worry too much

Old 11 November 2003   #4
im not just talking about the name. the name is minor stuff. im talking story wise. and this person is working on the film since the beginning. SO i will take his word for it

Old 11 November 2003   #5
A Bug's Life... Antz
Finding Nemo... Shark's Tale

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume the next movie will be called Aging Superheroes. Heh.

Okay okay, I'm being a little hard on Dreamworks. It's just lately it seems Hollywood in general is about pairs.

Devil's Peak ... Volcano
Deep Impact ... Armageddon
Terminator 3 ... Matrix Revolutions

I dunno if it's necessarily a bad thing, but I can't think of a time when 2 similar movies came out and they both ended up good. (Although I don't remember if Ienjoyed AntZ or not.)

Old 11 November 2003   #6
Quote: Originally posted by NanoGator

Terminator 3 ... Matrix Revolutions

what do those 2 have in common.. you might as well compare driving miss daisy to attack of the killer tomatoes

Old 11 November 2003   #7
Quote: Originally posted by elfufu
what do those 2 have in common.. you might as well compare driving miss daisy to attack of the killer tomatoes

I meant Reloaded. Sorry, typing on autopilot this morning.

Old 11 November 2003   #8
even so......

Old 11 November 2003   #9
Quote: Originally posted by elfufu
even so......

*Sigh*

When T3 and Reloaded were both out, lots of conversations ended up likening one move to the other. Big car chase, the saviour of mankind 'not ready to be a hero' hero, the way they ended leaving the war to just start, the way you just know the following movie will take place well outside of the environment the previous was at (i.e. matrix = outside the matrix and t4 = post-apocolyptic war, which aren't that dissimilar in appearance), the 'super virus' playing a major role, and so on.

Old 11 November 2003   #10
And lets not forget that well after DreamWorks announced Flushed Away (rat movie).....Pixar went ahead and announced Ratatouille ...you guessed it...there Rat movie....

Old 01 January 2006   #11
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread