Computer Art degree, looking to get into animation

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2011
Computer Art degree, looking to get into animation

Hello Everyone, (first post here)

I'm 27 years old and I have a associates degree on Computer Art. I got it in a community college in New York (Suffolk county). Anyways, I've always wanted to get into animation but because of financial issues I couldn't afford to go into animation. So I decided to get my Computer Art degree first and then move on... but because of money, I had to start working using my career and I've been doing that for about 2 years now.

Anyways, I heard/read (forgot where) recently that NY is not a good place for animation since there aren't many opportunities, so I am thinking to move but I am not sure where yet, not sure what would be the best place to offer me better job opportunities as an animator (probably modeling is what I want to do). I heard California is a good place but then again, I don't know what college/university is the "best" money/wise (I don't have a ton of money, probably will have to use some financial aid although I would like to avoid it).

Is it really California the best place to go? if so, what college/university would you recommend?

I have tons of questions but I just want to start with this for now.

Thanks a lot in advance.

10 October 2011
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread