pole Vector Issuse

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2011   #1
pole Vector Issuse

Hello everyone,
I m having problems with the pole vector in maya when I added it the Elbow_joint moved a bit up.
My character is in T-Pose so the Control is line up "I snaped first to the Elbow_joint and after I moved back". I read some of the older threads and I found that one: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=683936
About the Aaron Holly's method but I m still comfused.
Could you please help me.
Thanks you

Old 10 October 2011   #2
another method

You can create a pole vector in the exact location the ik handle already has. use the vectors given to you when you select the ikhandle (or match it up as close as you can. The next step is to parent the Pole vector to you real control object and move that around.

The second solution does give into the shift, which by the way is very common so you really shouldn't sweat it. Take the x rotation of the joint and but the opposite value of it into the IK twist attribute. so if the x axis rotates 20 you would plug in a -20 into the twist attribute tweak as needed until you get it zeroed out. Usually the other axis tend to zero out too. But as stated before unless their is a really good reason to have it locked to zero don't bother your time is better spent elsewhere.

Old 10 October 2011   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread