Character: Elf

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2003
Character: elf,.. again

hi everyone,.. it's been long time no draw for me. this image is just about as complete as i'll probably take it.

I am aware that the pose is bland, and it can use a background, but this drawing was really for me to get back into drawing and to test out a new brush in painter 8. i'd like to hear any feedback or comments, but i'm most interested in hearing feedback about the rendering.

drawn and colored in painter 8 with the trusty graphire.

thanks for looking.

close up

(o'.'o)

11 November 2003
man....very nice highlights...i love the fabirc of the clothes....problem with the hand thou...both thighs are not fine...i mean balanced

11 November 2003
very nice, though i think it might look just a bit better with darker cloth, more drab green... and sort of a confetti paper background

11 November 2003
Very cute elf
very nice work
her lips and nose are very nice
there is only one thing the line downward starting under her breast in the middle of her body s doesn't exist when looking on a real female body.

11 November 2003
I really (really really) like the style you gave to her face!! Very personnal style! I also like the way you've painted her hair!!

11 November 2003
it's beautiful! especially the face, i like it a lot!
but personally i found the lower body looks a little bit weird. maybe it's bc of the legs. the upper body is perfect!
lookin forward to see the finished piece

btw, i am also from vancouver!

11 November 2003
Very very nice! graceful face!
I like it! very good
finish it with a background please

11 November 2003
The style of the elf is rare, looking at the the ears. I like her clothing, it looks very original.

10 October 2004
Wonderful image! I like the way you painted the hair and the dress.

10 October 2004
I hate elves and all their cliched fantasy brethren, but this is a really nice pic. Nice face, and eyes.
you should post this in the hosted 2d gallery - i only found this image by mistake!

10 October 2004
Wow, this is what artwork is about. I used to be into the whole fantast thing, but moved on to the futuristic stuff after getting into Sci-Fi.

The artwork really does show the shy side that elves are portrayed to have. The picture is great and all, but i think with a coloured foresty background, the pic would shine. Unless, of course, ur intention is to promote the presence of the elf in the pic.

10 October 2004
she is cute , nice design of the dress too ~

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread