Animation of a ship

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2011   #1
Animation of a ship

Hi everybody!
Iīve just started to work in a new company that is specialized in modeling ships, and they need to make an animation using only Maya, and for me itīs a problem, because Iīve been always working with 3ds Max (no Realflow, itīs very expensive and takes too long for their workflow).
I need to make the water collide with the ship with all the effects, and I have 2 ways:

1.- Using only textures, I need a displacement for the boundary in front of the ship, I think that I would need to link the texture of displacement to the movement of the ship (no idea how to do that); another texture for the back of the ship (same as before, no idea).

2.- Using dynamics in Maya, but I really need help, because I donīt get the result that I want, so if someone could help me, or just tell me one tutorial of this.

Thanks and please help!

Old 09 September 2011   #2
here's a tutorial describing how to create a dynamic ocean wake with maya fluids (ocean):
http://www.rzav.net/tips-techniques...ocean-wake.html
and here Duncan briefly explains how to use a displacement map for an ocean wake:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=529362

hope this helps to get you started. good luck with the new job!
rob

Old 09 September 2011   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread