CGTalk > Main Forums > Education
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 08-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #1
inexisting2005
portfolio
Magureanu Tudor-Vlad
Iasi, Romania

Question Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg students?

Hey all!

I've just finished Highschool and am taking a year off, but I'm looking forward to applying to Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg next February. I'm currently working on a portofolio that could get me in and since I (as anyone else in my place would, I'm sure) really want to get in, I was wondering if there are any current/former Filmakademie students around here that could post some of the stuff that impressed the board when they applied and, in general, what they did to get in.

Also, if any of you know of any thread similar to this one, I'd be really grateful if you could link it, for my google-fu didn't net me any meaningful results.

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-15-2011, 06:06 AM   #2
annieme
portfolio
annie
cochin, India

Red face

hey

i am not a student at the academy but i am interested in joining there do you think you can give me information about whats the fee structure, last date to apply, also how to apply and do they teach in english?

Old 09-19-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
inexisting2005
portfolio
Magureanu Tudor-Vlad
Iasi, Romania

They do not teach in English at all, you need to have a german language certificate (DSH - Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang) to be able to be accepted.

As for requirements, they can be found here, albeit only in german. They two final registration terms: 15 February for every study except Film und Medien - Technical Directing and Animation/Effects Producing majors - , Interaktive Medien, Motion Design and Regie - Bildungs- und Wissenschaftsfilm majors -, where you need to be registered by the 15th of May.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:44 PM   #4
ManuelM
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Manuel Macha
Shadowcaster
Animal Logic
Sydney, Australia

Send a message via ICQ to ManuelM Send a message via AIM to ManuelM Send a message via MSN to ManuelM Send a message via Yahoo to ManuelM
Quote:
Originally Posted by annieme
hey

i am not a student at the academy but i am interested in joining there do you think you can give me information about whats the fee structure, last date to apply, also how to apply and do they teach in english?

Education, is (more or less) free in Germany. The idea behind that is that your financial background/family situation shouldn't determine whether you can study or not.
Getting into filmacademy isn't easy though. They have hundreds if not thousands of applicants each year.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:44 PM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread