Help creating blood splatters on a tent

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2011
Help creating blood splatters on a tent

Hey now

I'm working on a festival-type tent in ZBrush and I've hit a snag. The area this tent is going to go in, let's just say, there's no good going on. I plan on making the tent look torn and bloody, but I'm not sure how to go about creating the blood. I found a tutorial on creating tears in fabric so that's no problem, the blood however...

Anyone with any suggestions, please let me know. I've been using ZBrush for maybe a week sculpting props for a project I'm working on with some friends, so I'm very new to it...

Thanks in advance!

-D

08 August 2011
Look up poly painting.

08 August 2011
Polypaint is what I've been using, actually. The textures I plan on using for the dirt & other damage, I got from cgtextures.com and they're masked .png images. For some reason ZBrush won't let me import them as .png files. I'm asking because I don't want to have to remove the white background in ZBrush because then the texture gets messed up and doesn't look right on the model. Is there a way that I can keep the mask on my texture or somehow create a better one than just using transparency?

Thanks again

-D

08 August 2011
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread