|02 February 2012||#4|
Lighting & Rendering TDportfolio
St Louis, USA
Join Date: Nov 2004
Just turn down the aa settings all the way (64/64). Turn off any lights. Uncheck zoom extends. Move your view away from the tree. It will be much faster this way.
TD Animagic Productions
|02 February 2012||#5|
Join Date: Apr 2003
Thanks Mike, It speed it up. it's taking 15sec a frame now. it's still gonna take an hour and a half to save just one tree and it's animation. Can you think of any faster way, I tried exporting as a FBX and baking the animation in it's settings, But it didn't work. Is their anything else in max to make convert it to a poly mesh and bake it's animation into the model?
|02 February 2012||#6|
Join Date: Dec 2004
Xmesh is another geometry caching tool you could try. I don't have Tree Storm here so I can't say if it would be any faster for this situation though.
Be sure to only record the amount of frames you need for the longest shot in the sequence (374 frame sounds awfully long for one shot). It can help to recycle your cache data as much as possible. 3 or 4 trees with different rotations and scales can go quite a long way.
One other thing to keep in mind is that Tree Storm can easily generate a LOT of geo, some of which may not be completely necessary if the camera isn't right next to it. Anything that can be done to reduce the point count will speed the process up and make life easier.
|02 February 2012||#7|
Join Date: Apr 2003
Great thanks for All the information! It's for 2 trees up close, they both have a lot of wind, so not to make them look the same I had to create two separate trees, because the wind properties would be the same for both and if I rotated and scaled one, it would blow in the wrong direction. I think my best bet is Proxies. I'll give that a go, thanks for all the help
|09 September 2012||#8|
Abdullah Sarfaraz Yeaseen
Join Date: Jul 2012
I found some solutions.First two is collected from cgarchitect.com. fist two is for vray. Last one is mine in MR. I tested it. works good.
1. Create tree in Onyx, when happy save parameters.
2. Open Max and import tree via Tree Storm. Adjust tree settings as needed i.e UVW, plate number, poly lines etc...
3. Convert to mesh, then poly and re-set x-form. Not sure if reset X-form is needed but turning it to a poly is as even as the mesh crashed v-ray on render time. Maybe re-setting X-form after converting to mesh might have worked but after a wasted day decided to throw everything at it!
4. Map the tree but for some reason the materials wouldn't show properly in view port which was a pain. I also ran clean multi-sub object to get rid of all the blank ones that Onyx produces.
5. Save file for material X-ref later.
6. Re-set Max.
7. Do step 2 again and use same settings.
8. Add wind to desired effect and test. As this isn't mapped it didn't crash Vray!!
9 Convert to Animated Vray proxy.
10. Apply X-ref material to your proxy from your saved tree.
As to baking in GI well Iíve not tried it but sure you could at step 4. I donít think it will reduce much flicker on the leaves though mainly to them being flat and no depth. The flicker in my test animation is mainly due to them turning over in the wind but also I had the settings turned down low for GI calc.
1. Import tree with tree storm.
2. Map it.
3. Add onyx wind and test.
4. apply POINT CACHE modifier
5. Set file location
7. cut modifier from tree
8. convert to mesh
9. apply modifier back (instanced)
10. export to vray proxy
this one is tested by me. takes a bit time to save the proxy files in the disk. But if it takes Longer, you can try the upper two solutions with MR.
1. create tree with TreeStorm.
2. adjust polygon count.
3. apply material.
4. adjust wind.
5. when you have finalized your animation then create a MR proxy with the onyx tree.
6. enable animation support rollout in MR proxy.
7. save the files for proxy..
Hope this can help you or anyone. If anyone have found any better solutions please post it. I'm also working with tree animation right now.
|09 September 2012||#9|
Join Date: Sep 2003
Thread automatically closed
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
|Thread Closed share thread|