CGTalk > Gallery > CG Awards
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Old 08-23-2004, 10:56 AM   #136
weihua wei
shanghai, China
Send a message via MSN to WEIHUA

Originally Posted by maydream
Amazing~!Chinese~!I am so proud of you! Man~!
Old 09-01-2004, 05:40 PM   #137
Question Grass and rocks

Great images well done.
Two questions how did you create your grass and what about the rocks, did I read that vue has a rock generator?
Old 09-02-2004, 11:30 AM   #138
Nosa Commander
Dijacy Abreu Jr
Architect, archi viz
Natal, Brazil
Send a message via MSN to Dija
One the most impressive renders I´ve ever seen!!! There are some things I didn´t like, Like the grass color, but the overall is very good and the technical aspect of the whole scene is flawless. Keep these scenes coming man!!
Old 09-02-2004, 10:44 PM   #139
FX Kaito
Currently: Art School
Send a message via ICQ to FX Kaito Send a message via MSN to FX Kaito
Wow amazing o_o great lighting great texturing and great ideas You could put shrek in this picture and would´t know that the scene is not original dreamworks made Superb Work! *shakes hand*
Old 09-03-2004, 01:19 AM   #140
Guybrush Threepwood
New Caledonia
Send a message via MSN to Mage3D

Salut, Weihua!
Votre image est un merveille! Je vous complément on votre travaille vraiment magnifique.
Pardon pour mon Français, car je suis Anglais (et j'habite à Portugal) et Français n'est pas mon lingue favouri!
Je voule traivailler avec 3DSmax, mais mon ordinateur ne lui laisse (je n'ai un plaque de 3D >:( )
Je prévoi beaucoup d'images dan le futur venir de votre ordinateur.

Félicitations pour ton prix!

[VoTe KeRRy]
Old 09-24-2004, 10:09 AM   #141
Seier Din Rekki
Amazing work,love the color concept and the tone of the scene,i was thinking if you have had ever planned of doing a tutorial of how you achieve your textures,it would help a lot since you seem to always get them right.
Do you know if theres something similar to vr displacement for the grass on Maya?,becuase i've never used vray and i dont know hoy the vray displacement works.
Thanks. Again,very good job.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:07 PM   #142
Tobias Schönke
Mainz, Germany
I really love your work.

Im sitting here trying ti get my mouth closed.

Man really mega-over-fly-great-awsome-overflow-Muchelding (have no over word so I create a new)
Old 10-29-2004, 02:55 AM   #143
Zhang Xu
Old 11-12-2004, 10:10 AM   #144
Person of Lordly Stature
Jared Kuharski
Artist / Designer
Tricky Software Inc.
Menlo Park, USA
Send a message via ICQ to oxyg3n Send a message via AIM to oxyg3n Send a message via MSN to oxyg3n Send a message via Yahoo to oxyg3n
Very nice image, I like your work it is very interesting.
"Art is a lie that helps us understand the truth" - Picasso
Old 12-02-2004, 07:32 AM   #145
Cool Nice image, but...

Nice and hard work done, but there are few things that don't let me give your image thumbs up:
1. About the girl: She looks toyish - plastic like and spoils the whole impression and the image. To be more precise - look at her: she looks like a doll from Barbie party - straight, plastic like hair and so on... Second thing about her: it's nice sunny morning in a beatifull forest near a nice little stream, the girl even took her shoes off. It seems that she should be realy relaxed and you intended to make her look relaxed. Didn't you? And now look at her posture: no woman or man on earth woul sit like this if he's relaxed - try to sit and hold your legs like she's holding them - you would have to tense your muscles and it wouldn't be at all relaxing unless there's something to support them. I have just tried it my self - most unpleasent way of holding one's legs -> I know you have put a lot of effort - no offense please. Correct me if I'm wrong.
2. About the stream: have you seen a real streem? (that was a rethoric question) -> every thing that grows in a stream lean a little bit to the side of the current flow. And floating plants (like the ones near the girl) stretch out in the direction of the current - even if the current is not strong. However the current of your stream seems to have no impact on those floating water plants. The second thing about the stream: every object the water in the stream collapses with leaves a trail of some kind - that depends on the strenght of the current. But whatever is the strength of the current, objects always leave at least some distortion that is distinguishable in the closeups.
I'm fully aware that you may have tried to do your best, but that is my first impression. No offence. Great work anyway.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:27 AM   #146
pairoj pongleadnadda
matte paintintg, concept art
burn energe studio
Bangkok, Thailand
Send a message via MSN to pairoj
gooood job

I like it.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:11 AM   #147
conor cosgrave
ci graphics
gold coast, Australia
dude wtf, i am awestruck that is bloody brilliant, five stars, thumbs up, and OMG
Old 04-18-2005, 02:11 AM   #148
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread