Daaaaanger zone! Sterling Archer WIP.

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2013
Daaaaanger zone! Sterling Archer WIP.

Hey everyone. Haven't been to CGTalk for like 8 years or something (back under a different name). Anyway, this is the first model I've built in almost 10 years. I am a graphic designer by trade but we have been introducing C4D into our workflow for the past year or so, and I got inspired to dive back into the 3D stuff I used to do in college.

The model is Sterling Archer. So far I am pretty close to completion on the low res mesh. You can see I did a bit of quick sculpting of eyebrows and hair but I'm debating on whether I should make his head smooth and either sculpt the hair and eyebrows separately or even use a fur shader for those (never experimented with hair before).

Please let me know what you think! It's a bit tricky to model because, being a 2D character, he doesn't actually look the same in all angles. It's also tough because the illustration style uses such distinctive thick line art and without that the character is somewhat more difficult to recognize.

If you can help me make the character more like the source material I'd appreciate it!

SOFTWARE: Cinema 4D R14
WORKFLOW: Edge-loop poly to start, isoline editing, and will be sculpting.

Please ignore the textures, I just quickly painted those in Bodypaint so it wouldn't just be a blank mesh!

and here he is with a couple of ROUGH dimples and creases in sculpt, as well as some rough hair and eyebrows... as I said I still don't know what I'm going to use for the hair, geometry or C4D hair.

03 March 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread