Breath Easy, Michael Lindsay (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2004
Breath Easy, Michael Lindsay (2D)

Title: Breath Easy
Name: Michael Lindsay
Software: Photoshop

character design, i hope to model him in 3d soon,
am still working on more ideas before i start. any comments or ideas would be great, im going for the whole biowarfare aftermath, innocent but at the same time disturbing,
the main sketch was done on paper i scanned it in and filled out the rest in photoshop, took me 3hrs. so any comments would be great! thanks

09 September 2004
Symbolic! What I find a bit unusual is that things are still standing very straight when they all are supposed to be in ruins. Perhaps you could make them more crooked, bent almost out of shape.... perhaps that will intensify the concept even more! A little more debris on the dirtied up ground wouldn't hurt either

09 September 2004
hey jeromoo thanks for the comments, i see what you mean about the straightness of everything, i will do some fixes and repost at a later time,

thanks again

09 September 2004
Thumbs up

I think it's very cool. I agree about the debris on the foreground, but i like the fact that everything is so straight. I think it makes the entire image a bit more disturbing. Also you need a bit more colour variation. Try and add a bit more constrasting colours. or just move and hue/saturation thing in photoshop. I'm looking forward to some good work. kiai!!!

09 September 2004
thaks for the input, i fixed the city and added some dirt and stuff, should have put this in the wip section but i think its done now!

09 September 2004
Sweet bro, very very nice, but i have to agree with jeromoo.

also what about a small amout of blur on the background to add a bit of death

also the buildinf on the right has a white outline where the smoke crosses it and the building in the middle doesn't

also softer shadows??????

but otherwize great man its wonderful to see ur growth as an artist (i always said ur 2D art was great) keep it up

Ooops, BTW this is RHYDER, logon on with the wrong Account!

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread