Education Forum Leader

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Kirsty Parkin
Manager, Education and Training
Rising Sun Pictures
Adelaide, Australia

Dave Baldwin returns with "Environment Modelling for Games."

Fresh from "The Last of Us", David Baldwin returns with his sell-out CGWorkshop, "Environment Modelling for Games" . Work with David and your classmates as you develop a playable level environment of your choosing - starting in Maya and moving into UDK. Watch the video tuition for guidance, and then every week join David for a live web class as he comments on and critiques your work. This is one amazing class - the first run is just finishing now, and some of the results are incredible. A great class feel, with everyone helping each other out and giving feedback. Starts Oct 28th - click here to find out more.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
Shenan
Expert

Shenandoah Bennett
USA

This class looks very interesting. Would it be possible for you guys to post the suggested preparation or level of skill that one should have before attempting this and the various other workshops that you offer? I would imagine that this one would require that someone be proficient with modeling, texturing, and lighting in Maya - would that be correct? Also, are the results that you mentioned from the previous class posted anywhere where we can see them?

Old 09-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #3
Buscat
Education Forum Leader

CGTalk Forum Leader
portfolio
Kirsty Parkin
Manager, Education and Training
Rising Sun Pictures
Adelaide, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenan
This class looks very interesting. Would it be possible for you guys to post the suggested preparation or level of skill that one should have before attempting this and the various other workshops that you offer? I would imagine that this one would require that someone be proficient with modeling, texturing, and lighting in Maya - would that be correct? Also, are the results that you mentioned from the previous class posted anywhere where we can see them?

Hi Shenan - I asked David your question, and this was his response:

"Well the at the moment it seems that it's an intermediate level workshop. I only use / support Maya and UDK. I don't go over lighting or texturing as they would take up a full 8 weeks each on their own. But knowing them for UDK is not bad. Those who participate have been learning new things the most. The more they participate the more I can give individual guidance. I know a few students are going to be texturing / lighting and generally finishing their levels after the course ends. I'm excited to see that."

The first class is not yet finished, but there are some great looking levels starting to develop

Old 09-13-2013, 03:08 AM   #4
Shenan
Expert

Shenandoah Bennett
USA

Hi Kirsty - Great, thanks for getting more info! And yes, of course, the class has "modeling" in the name, so I'm not sure why I asked about texturing and lighting.

Old 09-13-2013, 03:08 AM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread