Help with Transferring Tail Animation

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2012
Help with Transferring Tail Animation

I have two rigs:
1) Biped Rig from Max 2012 which I have brought in to Motionbuilder 2012 and characterized, and
2) Rig from Maya 2012 with Animation that I've also brought into Motionbuilder and characterized.

Both Max and Maya rigs have a 3-segmented tail... this tail has been animated in Maya. How do I go about transferring the tail animation from the Maya rig to the Max biped using Motionbuilder?

All the other animation transfers okay, and I've tried creating extensions with the tail bones using same labels in both rigs. But no luck getting the tail animation from Maya rig to Max rig in Motionbuilder... any advice?

Thanks!
Bill

06 June 2012
You probably figured out a way by now, but this is what I would do. Of course you can tackle it probably a hundred ways in MotionBuilder. There's so many tools and constraints and stuff to play with.

Anyway, I would probably just create a Relation Constraint from one tail to the other. All you need is to take the rotations from a given segment, and send the rotations to the other tail's associated segment. You'd have three relations total.

You could also use three Rotation Constraints.

06 June 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread