Strange Behavior (Illustration) Entry: Yusuf Trevez

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2007
I was silently checking your progress of this and now its time for lil note. Your entry is just one in my taste. Like color scheme and dirty fun of it. Technical skills are top class. Great proffesional entry you made mate! Good luck...

11 November 2007
Thumbs up

Hi Jeff,

Ditto on Axel comments. Thanks,

11 November 2007
Thanks all...

Oweron -

Hey man I'm honored by your reply! thanks a lot for the sincere feedback, it's most appreciated. I'm glad to find another artist who shares the need for that glitch, the dirt in his works. Waiting to see more from you, thanks!!!

Korendo -

Hey pal what's up! I'm glad the brushes are worthy of your interest. Great to have you here as always, thanks for the visit!

Man it's getting stressful out here, I wonder when will the results be announced...

11 November 2007
Hey Jeff, really great brushes! and really thanks for share with us!! (for sure a great addition for my PS brushes ) Cheers my friend!! You rock!

11 November 2007
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for all you help and encouragement. The brushes are very cool. Never expected so many, thought you would just post one or two. You have been done for a long time so the wait must really be intense. It would be interesting to see the selection criterion instrument CGS is using for this contest. I guess we wait while doing other stuff and try to avoid the green mist. Ralph

11 November 2007
HI jeff!Congratz on finishing a great pic man.Really made ma ronfll!!!Wish you the best of luck and hope well meet again next time!Cheers!

11 November 2007
Hey guys thank you very much for all your comments. I appreciate you stopping by. I'm so happy that the brushes are working for you.

Korendo - As far as I read since the beginning of the challenge, story is the most important, and technical skills being the secondary criteria.

Man! It's awfully quiet in here... Hello ello ello ello lo lo o o o o o o

11 November 2007
hhehehe gr8 man... congrats on a hilarious finish!! I love this image! and a guy farting green gas and riding on a bird... daymn thats strange!!

11 November 2007
Hi Jeff,

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

I had read the stuff about the judging early on also, but sometimes behind the scene more detailed evaluation criteria are used. For example the concepts can be placed in taxonomies such as: inversion of characteristics (e.g. strong is weak and weak now strong etc.), levitation, relevance to sci-fi or fantasy, humor, shock effect, layering of concepts, etc. Then there is the write up, both content, and presentation and all kinds of elements of the writing and presentation of the writing, and of course the visual technical aspects of the illustration. All this stuff can be broken down further given quantified values. I guess only they will know. Any day or week now we should know who gets the coveted nod

11 November 2007
Korendo and overcontrast

thanks for stopping by, and leaving comments guys! It's most appreciated...

waitn'......

11 November 2007
Jeff, all I can say is thank you! Thank you for partaking in this challenge and completing such an entry!

It is an awesome and inspiring piece of work! The 'essay' was brilliant. I wish this image and essay could be shown to more people, especially those who partake in such strange behaviour!

-Rob

11 November 2007
Talking

Rob -

Woww, thank you! That was one of the nicest replies I've received so far. I want to say that I really appreciate your encouragement, and reading the essay more importantly. Sadly without the essay people sometimes think that this concept is about a guy farting on a bird while smelling a flower, though I don't blame them, it's a looong essay Your wish is truly what I wish to get out of this challenge... Thank you again my friend!

11 November 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread