WIP Kim Petersen

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  11 November 2013
WIP Kim Petersen

Hey everyone!

I also posted this in the Alumni forum, but decided to post this here as well.

I took David's course this past summer and I've been busy taking the concept art courses with Simon Scales as well. So it's only now that I've had time to revisit my two mattes that I sadly didn't have time to finish.

First up is my cityscape matte. Baseplate is a shot of Tokyo in sundown. I wanted to create a epic cityscape with lots of buildings, but still somewhat not over the top sci-fi. If you follow me

And it seems I need to have my posts validated before I can submit attachments. So I'll post links via Dropbox.

I'd love some feedback from you on those mattes.

Cheers,
Kim

Baseplate:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fv310lkc92uqoj7/plate.jpg

Latest version:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/afxavyj9s...scape_Ver_2.jpg
 
  12 December 2013
WIP *Set Extension

Heya,

I'd love to get some feedback on the set extension that I didn't have time to complete for David's course this summer.

The plate is from the Byodo temple in Kyoto.

Plate.


WIP.
 
  12 December 2013
Re_ Set Extension

I noticed after I uploaded the images that the mountains look green'ish, which is odd. Because locally on my computer they look as intended, blue'ish.
Anyone knows why this is?

Cheers,
Kim
 
  12 December 2013
Originally Posted by kimpete: I noticed after I uploaded the images that the mountains look green'ish, which is odd. Because locally on my computer they look as intended, blue'ish.
Anyone knows why this is?

Cheers,
Kim


Hio Kim,

For your set extension, definitely the bg mountains are out of place due to it's black level colors and haze in them. I'd go more very desaturated blues, and more towards green gray, rather than teal or blues, something like what you have in the middle. Usually in mist or over cast, the local colors are much stronger, so the greens of the trees would come through, but the black values themselves tend to get a little bluer and desaturated, but not blue/green teal color.

Also having a bigger mountain peak maybe on the right thirds above the big temple would help reinforce the composition in this image, as my eyes get goes to the lowest point in the valley more on the left and gets stuck there rather than to the temple which seems to be more important.

Happy Holidays Kim!
__________________
David Luong

www.davidluong.net
facebook.com/ackdoh

I teach a DMP Workshop

http://photonicplayground.com art gallery!
 
  12 December 2013
Originally Posted by Ackdoh: Hio Kim,

Also having a bigger mountain peak maybe on the right thirds above the big temple would help reinforce the composition in this image, as my eyes get goes to the lowest point in the valley more on the left and gets stuck there rather than to the temple which seems to be more important.

Happy Holidays Kim!


Heya David!

Thanks for the feedback, will look at the colors of the BG and the scale of the mountain.
Weird that they look more green when I uploaded them though :/

Happy New Year! (Time differences aside

/Kim
 
  01 January 2014
Originally Posted by Ackdoh: Hio Kim,

For your set extension, definitely the bg mountains are out of place due to it's black level colors and haze in them. I'd go more very desaturated blues, and more towards green gray, rather than teal or blues, something like what you have in the middle. Usually in mist or over cast, the local colors are much stronger, so the greens of the trees would come through, but the black values themselves tend to get a little bluer and desaturated, but not blue/green teal color.



Hallo David,

hope you had a awesome New Years Eve (and lots of champagne
I had some time to spend on the Set Extension, so I revised it further based on your feedback.
I appreciate you taking the time!

Here is the revised one.


Cheers,
Kim
 
  01 January 2014
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
__________________
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
 
Thread Closed share thread



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.