Maya Doesnt Mirror my Weights

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2013
I couldn't export as .ma, it appears there are required plug-ins, here's an .mb file...
http://jggibbons.com/forum/rig_fix.zip

gibby3d.com

06 June 2013
so is that it??? it should work like normal now???

06 June 2013
Originally Posted by KHM3dia: Ive got this model fully skinned, yet when i try to mirror onto the other side the weights, it doesnt work on the wrist, yet it works on every other joint.

Im using YZ, positive to negative, closest point on surface, and both influences to be closest joint, yet it still doesnt work. Ive tried multiple time but still doesnt work.

Any help???

The skin weights weren't mirrored properly on the wrist because the wrist joint wasn't in the correct mirrored position. So during the mirror the wrist joint was excluded and no weights were assigned, in fact all the weights that should have been were assigned to the forearm joint.

Originally Posted by KHM3dia: so is that it??? it should work like normal now???

Is the problem fixed in the file I posted for you? Do you understand what the cause of the problem was?

gibby3d.com

06 June 2013
yepp its fixed now...thank you very much

06 June 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread