Cut Error

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
Cut Error

Hey I'm new to 3D modeling and I got the free trial for Silo. I was watching the adv tutorial on box modeling and tried to make a Minotaur of my own at the same time. It was going pretty smoothly, other than the fact that I'm still getting the hang of it and its taking me a lot longer than it might for someone more experienced, until i was working on the legs and needed to use the cut tool to cut from one point to a side and the new side along with its vertex were shifted from where they should be to the left side of the screen. I ignored it at first and hoped it was nothing but as i got further into the model the problem persisted but only when i was making a cut between two different things (ex: from a vertex to a side). It works fine if i make a cut from one point to another or from one side to another side.

01 January 2013
Do you have any kind of snapping turned on?

If you are working close seam, you may need to reduce the seam tolerance (mirror geometry opts)

When using the cut tool, when you click on an edge you can keep the left button held down and slide the vertex into the correct position.

01 January 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread