Meet Walkie Animation

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2013
Meet Walkie Animation

Hi all,

I made this short animation to test the character I created. At first it was not my intention to render out the animation but I figured practicing the rendering and compositing phase of the animation production pipeline would be a good idea.

Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/56686755

The sound was engineered by Jeroen Kerstens his work can be found at www.justj.nl

I would love to hear your responses and critique, i am currently training myself to become a 3D generalist so critique, tips, recommended reading or any other feedback on any part of the animation is very welcome!

Thanks you!

Tommie Kerstens.

01 January 2013
Nice character, wasn't sure what to expect when he finally looked at us. Nice little surprise, and I think the timing works well.

You gathered a good amount of emotion with a simple character.

Small technical thing, but I found myself wondering why the lights from the character didnt' illuminate any of the scene until the spot light turned on.

Perhaps that would be a nice intro, to have a couple moving lights (his red beacon, etc.) turn on, pause a bit, then have the spot turn on. Could add one more level of reveal, and surprise.

Just my 2c, nice piece.

edit:
just watched again and saw that you DO have them in the scene before, it was so short I didnt' even catch it the first time.. So to revise: perhaps have the lights in the scene for longer before the spot turns on..

01 January 2013
Thank you for the feedback, AliasMarks. So if i understand you correctly, I could make the viewers more curious to that little "unknown" walking over the screen before he is fully revealed. Sounds like a good idea for more suspense! thank you!

01 January 2013
Great job on the rig, in addition to what was said above, i think he also moves way too slow, he needs some quick movements and pauses here and there

01 January 2013
thank you tdjordan,

I think ill focus on this heavily for my next animation... i intended the whole animation to be at 24fps, now its already at 30fps... so it was even slower before! maybe i can send you and AliasMarks a playblast before i render out my next animation?

thanks a million for your time

01 January 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread