Does anyone still................

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2008
Does anyone still................

Hello all
I`m new to CGSociety. Just wandering. Doe`s anyone still use this app because no one seems to write in the silo forums any more......I have one question ( Silo 2 ) how the hell do i select points/edges without selecting other points/edges that i don`t want selecting...It`s kinda like i`m selecting the point to cut but it will not click on the edge . ie i can click a point but when i goto click the edge it will not lock the the edge i want to cut it just selects another edge...I hope i`ve explained this properly....Thanks.

06 June 2008
I understood your first question and answer is positive, many people are using Silo but this forum is not much used. You should visit http://www.silo3d.com/forum/ where you'll get answer
for you second question. Sorry English is not my mother tongue.

06 June 2008
as hoogberg mentions, you'll see there's plenty of activity on the company's forum.

in regard to your second question, holding 'shift' down while clicking on additional verts
will add them to your selection....holding 'alt-shift' and clicking will remove items from
your selection.

I generally only use 'area selection mode' (shortcut alt-a) for the bulk of all my selecting
(think the default is paint selection mode), but that's just my preference.

good luck and hope that helps.

06 June 2008
Not sure about other studios but about half the modellers at Hatch used Silo over 3DS Max whenever they could (myself included). So yes, it is used in production.

06 June 2008
Just wanted to check in and say that we (the Silo developers) do check these forums regularly. It was pretty active here for awhile, but most of the discussion these days seems to have moved over to www.silo3d.com, where we frequently post about Silo's progress and read all the threads.

07 July 2008
I think you are experiencing the problem caused by having AA on in your video card. Make sure it is set to "application controlled" or equivilent.

07 July 2008
Originally Posted by sniperwiper: Hello all
I`m new to CGSociety. Just wandering. Doe`s anyone still use this app because no one seems to write in the silo forums any more......I have one question ( Silo 2 ) how the hell do i select points/edges without selecting other points/edges that i don`t want selecting...It`s kinda like i`m selecting the point to cut but it will not click on the edge . ie i can click a point but when i goto click the edge it will not lock the the edge i want to cut it just selects another edge...I hope i`ve explained this properly....Thanks.

Not sure what you refer to... if you could post some pics, either here or on http://www.silo3d.com/forum/ someone will help you.

Silo remains my favorite modeler. I'm not professional, though...

07 July 2008
Hooray! We now have two threads!

Currently working on...HCR #42

07 July 2008
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread