Vector graphics application that has record function

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

09 September 2017
Vector graphics application that has record function

Hello all,
any suggestion for a vector drawing program that will record a drawing session and replay it?
From my experience from bitmap apps Corel Painter has had the best implementation for years even if it has not evolved a bit, because it disregards canvas zoom rotation etc and just records strokes playing them back at whatever size etc.
ArtRage also records session but also zoom and rotation level making it trickier for recording and playing back. Same with PS.
Mischief and Manga Studio that I've tried do not offer such functionality.
I have not found yet a vector application doing so. So I'd appreciate any ideas!

FYI: The current workaround if using adobe suite is to draw in Illustrator, copy strokes and paste them as masks in AE, then animate strokes, but each stroke is translates as a an outline which means double stroking using subtract mode so overlapping areas are white.

09 September 2017
There are USB 3.0 game streaming boxes that will record whatever is happening on your computer screen/HDMI output to your harddisk.

What you want is one that records uncompressed video (many only do high-quality MP4 capture instead) and has a microphone jack + audio mix-in function.

This way you can record anything happening on your screen to lossless video on another computer, along with your audio comments to the microphone.

09 September 2017
I appreciate your reply,
but I am not looking for a capture box or recorder like BMD video assist, intensity etc, nor a screen capture application like camtasia, bandicam etc.
Its not the technical aspect of uncompressed 422 etc that is the issue here but how the program records and plays back.

As noted above I am after the functionality of Corel Painters record Script but in a vector program.
With Painter I can have this effect:
https://youtu.be/v066OsngxW4

With Ai & AE this for line drawing:
https://youtu.be/GXpDpB6hCl8
But has the caveats mentioned in my previous post.

So if there are any suggestions on an app that does this I'd truly appreciate them.

reply share thread