Help with new version of silo 2.5

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

04 April 2018
Help with new version of silo 2.5

I got the newest version of Silo. I was following John Fugazzi's tutorial, The Chest (from Renderosity). I had done this before with no problems. But...

I create the cube as directed, select the two top polygons, hit Extrude...and move the mouse to the Move Modifier tool...the cube starts extruding as the mouse moves! It never did that before and I have no idea how to stop it. When I undo, and go to the scale: All and input -0.9, the shape of the cube changes, rather than extruding the polygons inward toward the center. I don't know if this makes sense to anyone here if you haven't followed that tutorial. It is just not doing what it did in the past. I don't know what's going on or what I could be doing wrong.

Please help!

Dana

1 Week Ago
Happens to me, too. But then I don't know how to use most of Silos tools yet to know if it's supposed to act the way or not. Seems counter-intuitive, compared to other 3D modelers out there.

2 Days Ago
Originally Posted by ShawnDriscoll: Happens to me, too. But then I don't know how to use most of Silos tools yet to know if it's supposed to act the way or not. Seems counter-intuitive, compared to other 3D modelers out there.
Thank you, at least I know I'm not alone. But I've felt alone in here. Anyway, I just undo, then select the tool I want and do the action and it works. I've found a couple of things like this that I can work around now. Still, it would be nice if it didn't do that. It sucks the time out of me, and the fun out of doing this stuff. But I'll get a handle on it eventually. I also have Hexagon 2.5. I paid for it a while ago, but got it on sale. Now they're working on it again and it's free. And they're working on a 64 bit version. Nice to know...finally!

Dana

2 Days Ago
I been using Hexagon since 2005 or 2006. I prefer its GUI anytime over most other 3D modelers. I'm still using Hexagon 1.21 until version 2.5 has newer features I could make use of.

2 Days Ago
I just started getting into 3D in 2007. I was interested before then, but things happened and it presented as a good distraction. I haven't done a hell of a lot lately, though.

Dana

reply share thread