another zbrush thread

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2004
thx for precisions adam !

when i was comparing render speed, i compared high-poly whitout disp map vs low poly with disp map.
thats why i thought u based your comparison on the same principle.

anyway, when i see your render times with disp map, i think i really have a problem here. really, my compi seems to struggle when rendering with disp map. on a technical point of view, what happens during this process ? its about the amount of RAM, not Processor speed ?

06 June 2004
I imagine that processor speed has something to do with it, but if you run out of physical ram that will have a drastic impact on your render times.

06 June 2004
hey squidinc i think this must be the program of your dreams!
your creatures will have unlimited details!

there is an insect challenge at pixolator.com forums. I hope you create some damn! stuff and send there before the challenge ends.

This is my insect contribution to challenge.
I wish Cinema 4D will have such a detailed material editor someday.

06 June 2004
Quote: if you run out of physical ram that will have a drastic impact on your render times.

yes, i guess thats my problem. and "drastic impact" is a good description of what i experiment

nice lil creature, turx. the fleshy one makes me think about Aliens in their "insect" phase, when they leave their eggs to find an host.

06 June 2004
Cool stuff turx, are those zbrush or c4d renders, the materials on the top one are really exciting. How'd you do it?

06 June 2004
Quote: Originally posted by turx

This is my insect contribution to challenge.
I wish Cinema 4D will have such a detailed material editor someday.

awesome work , that has to be the most disgusting looking bug I've seen in a long time, really like that material on the first one, sort of like jelly

06 June 2004
thanks friends.

squidinc, i admire your materials and textures. It's nice to hear you liked my insects material

3D_Explorer, it's rendered in Zbrush. I have to work a lot, to make the same material in C4D

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread