Eon (Illustration) Entry: Chuck Wadey

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2007
Final Image: Guests of the Axis Nader

My illustration, "Guests of the Axis Nader," was created for any type of promotion of the film version of EON. It was my intent to serve the story by focusing on a single scene and character interaction, rather than trying to encompass everything at a greater distance, both visually and emotionally. A condensed version of the scene's original text is provided - putting great words with a (hopefully) great picture.

"You are now in a reception area for illegal vehicles. Do not attempt escape; the area is sealed." The machine removed its grapples and lifted away from the aircraft. The plane hung from cables attached to a pale silver torus suspended below the hangar ceiling. Patricia stepped out of the chamber and took Olmy's proffered hand. He led her to the inspection hangar lock. The V/STOL hatch opened. A worker settled on its jointed haunches a few yards away sensors fully extended to record the disembarking of the passengers. History, Patricia thought. We're all history here.
Lanier came out first. Patricia restrained an urge to wave to him; instead, she lifted up on tiptoes and nodded. He returned the nod and descended the hatch steps. Farley came next. Carrolson waited in the doorway. Lanier pointed back into the cabin and said loudly, "We have an injured man inside. He may need assistance."
Olmy and the woman conferred again and the woman touched her silver torque. As she did so, she glanced at Patricia and smiled. Her pictor projected an American flag above her left shoulder; she had American ancestors and was proud of it.
"What do we do?" Carrolson asked. "Leave him there?"
"Tell your friends a medical worker is coming," Olmy said in an undertone.
"He'll be okay. Help is coming," Patricia said. Lanier tried to approach but was blocked by a worker. "Let him pass!" Patricia pleaded. "Olmy, what harm can they do?"
"They're in quarantine," Olmy said, pointing to the glowing red line surrounding the V/STOL at chest level.
Patricia turned to Lanier, holding up one hand. "They're not going to hurt you. Everything's okay. Just wait a moment."
"It's good to see you," Lanier said, keeping an eye on the scuttling workers. "We had no idea we'd ever find you."
Patricia swallowed back a lump in her throat. She turned to Olmy. "We have to stay together," she told him. "We have to help each other."
Olmy smiled at her, but that didn't mean assent; he picted with the woman again and she touched her necklace once more.
"A decision is being made now," he said.
"Whether they're criminals or guests?" Patricia asked.
"Oh, they will be guests," the advocate said in perfect English, still flying the American flag on her shoulder. "I'm recieving a judgement." She approached the group with hands extended. "The case is cleared from all pre-trial court records, and negated by circumstance," the woman announced. "You are all guests of the Axis Nader." With a meaningful glance at Olmy, Ram Kikura added, "By authority of the Presiding Minister."

Last edited by ChuckWadey : 01 January 2007 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Adding text

01 January 2007
Now I'm really just splitting hairs. No major changes; just adjusting saturation and values here and there whenever something catches my eye. I can't wait for the deadline to arrive.

01 January 2007
Arrow

It`s a great piece of art you made here Chuck

As I read the book I like alot how good you described this arrival scene

I wish you good luck in the finishings and in the voting

02 February 2007
Cool

loved this piece from the moment i found it and congrats on your great finish. best of luck on the finals, keep on rocking and hope to see ya soon cheers

02 February 2007
Chucky glad you pushed some of the values further in the background. It gives it nice separation now. Good luck on a fabulous image!

02 February 2007
Love this one a lot!

Style, level of detail, colours - wonderful!

Good luck, I wish you all the best!

Steampunk (Video)
Musi panels: A, B, C

02 February 2007
One another great image in the final section! I love the designs in the back as well as those characters in the front. Its really massive and complex image, but yet very good! Congratulations on finishing it and good luck!

DW V 2d

03 March 2007
Would have hoped this beatiful piece would have gotten more attention. Because it explains a scene in a book so well.

Ok so lets blame it on the extra month this challenge got. You would have won without it

Keep pushing them pixels. Cos i like your style.

03 March 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread