Sketchbook Thread of NOOB!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2005
Talking

These are pretty nice, NOOB ~ particularly the first one. I think what you really need to work on here are the hands ~ currently, in several of the pictures, she looks to be wearing oven mitts, heehee! I do this too, but it's worthwhile to do some dedicated hand studies.

I think you should look at silver point drawings by Fra Filipino Lippi. Amazing stuff. I'll try to post links, but feel free to run a search yourself. I have a book of his silver point drawings, and they're just amazing!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

11 November 2005
yeh i need to do sum hand studies/master copies

i'll avoid michelanglo and go for Raphael and Da Vinci.

but first....life drawings....

here have some more!! and one of these! and another one!! wuahaha

11 November 2005
Talking

NOOB,

That first piece in particular is pretty nice! Do you feel that you do better on the shorter, or the longer poses? You seem to do quite well when you're given the time to focus on details.

I would recommend checking out the work of Andrew Wyeth ~ his watercolors and pencil drawings. I think he's still alive ~ not positive, though. Living his crazy life, somewhere in Pennsylvania, I believe.

Keep posting.

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

11 November 2005
i dunno,my line work in the short poses looks better and more free,but the details in my longer poses look good,and the line work a bit bleh!

tryin to combine the two but i'm struggling,i'll check out the artists u mentioned.and i'll do some master copies soon...

11 November 2005
heres sum from today....as u can see i'm still not attempting hands haha :lol:

40mins

15mins

didn't have any warm up gestures sketches today :( the lecturer said i need to stop hashing so much and relax.So difficult!!!

especially when u surrounded by people that are 10million times better than u!

11 November 2005
Talking

NOOB,

If you like Gesture Drawings / Sketches, then you really ought to join in on the 15 Minute Sketchathon, which is a Sticky at the top of the Forum. Lots of AWESOME work going on there, and a great chance to do either digital or traditional Gesture Drawings!

What I have been recommending to folks is that they take the same pose, and do 3 different drawings from the same pose, in 2, 5, and 15 minute increments. If you do a lot of these on a regular basis, your work is guaranteed to improve!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

12 December 2005
i'll try MsK,but time kills me.

Our main objective was to make a *drawing* today and not sketch,even with the 5mins gestures <_<
this was the only gesture i was proud of...turned out nice,just line work,i didn't bother trying to construct him first.

and this was 40-50mins of me stressing out with forshortening,damn u perspective of the body!!! :gasp:

but i got great feedback today,the art lecturer said my shading is a big improvement from the woman i posted b4!

tell me whatcha think,feedback is always nice....even if it is just rebecca who cares

12 December 2005
Talking

NOOB,

You're getting better, and your shading, as your instructor pointed out, IS improving ~ good show! I seriously think, however, that 2 minute sketches, for you done in Traditional media, would REALLY help with proportions (yours are pretty good) but also foreshortening, which kills any artist.

Seriously, try just one or two 2-5-10 minute sequenced drawings ~ non~consecutive, mind you, each drawing should be from scratch ~ and your proportions, ability to capture gesture, and foreshortening will all improve. Particularly if you do these on a regular basis.

Good to see your work!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

12 December 2005
you mean quick gestures from memory/made up?

12 December 2005
Talking

NOOB,

Nope as from this thread:

I5 Minute Sketchathon - Thread 1: Reference
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=298699

with it's companion thread:
I5 Minute Sketchathon - Thread 2: Sketches
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=295498

Cheers,

~Rk

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

12 December 2005
oh ok,next weekend i'll work on sum of those!

12 December 2005
Talking

Sweet! Lots of great stuff going on in the 15 Minute Sketchathon thread, definitely check it out!

Cheers,

~Rk

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

12 December 2005
Gesturing saves my life when I draw. I remember thoose days when some one out our class would voluntee to be drawn and we had to draw gestures and contour drawings all day long for 2 hours straight.

But yeah you gotta join the 15 min. sketch thread. It is fun.
MY DEVIANT ART- click here

12 December 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread