Simplistic Dragon

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2012
Simplistic Dragon

Hello there. I was hoping I could get some feedback on this dragon model that I have been working on. I started it because I wanted to test a couple ideas I had about rigging since I just finished a course that covered most of the basics. Using a few images I found online, I built the basic shape and then refined it towards a look I preferred. Most examples I have seen online have been these elaborate dragons which is one reason I have kept this one toned down. I figure I could give Mudbox a try for refining the model.

This is my first organic model which is why I could really use some feedback. Higher resolution renders can be found here and here.

10 October 2012
Nice to see this finally showed up. To add onto before, I took the model into Mudbox and started refining it a bit so here is the new version.

10 October 2012
solid, nice model. looking forward for a textured version

10 October 2012
the area eyebrow could be better edgeflow. but the topology is cool so far

10 October 2012
Thanks e-anima.

I see what you mean Scote about the brow. I will go back and redo it a bit when I get a chance.

10 October 2012
That's good work. Mudbox did a good job of fixing any obvious small modelling issues. You did a very nice job of the teeth inside the dragons mouth.

10 October 2012
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread