"Illumination", Bill Morris (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2009
"Illumination", Bill Morris (2D)

Title: "Illumination"
Name: Bill Morris
Software: Painter, Photoshop

Trying to tie multiple aspects in regards to color and composition to support the theme of meditation.

The title "Illumination" refers not only to spiritual enlightenment but also to light itself. I tried to include the full spectrum in the piece.

Composition wise I was working with the circular mandala shape but trying to also mix in some Yin and Yang curvature.

The Buddha and the mountains sit grounded as large pyramids. Immovable. I used exaggerated perspective to try to convey a majestic and monumental sense to the moment. His cloak pouring down his body like a stream from a mountain.

I was working with hot and cold colors to really try to convey the sense of warmth and beauty of a ray of sunlight.

05 May 2009
Simply amazing piece of art. My new desktop!

5 star!

05 May 2009
Wow very nice piece! Love the colors and the overall feel of it.

i

05 May 2009
very "monumental"...luv it! great job

05 May 2009
nice work
nice colors

05 May 2009
Hey there, I love it! However, I recall seeing that somewhere else before? I'm pretty sure I saw it because I even showed it to my friends, exclaiming how cool it is and that I hope to be able to do something like that someday. lol!

Never mind that... I love it! The colors are trippy and the perspective enhances it! Very surreal and spiritual. I am LOVIN' it! No critiques here.

05 May 2009
Thank you everyone for the kind words they are deeply appreciated and I hope will fuel me in my endeavor to be more productive.

Dream master, Yes this piece is a few years old. You may have seen it elsewhere. I had it up for a bit on GFXartist.com and I believe digitalart.org. From there I had an odd honor of sorts. If you did a google image seartch with the term "trippy" it, at one time was the second image!!! If you were to do the same today you would see it somewhere on the second page I think. Some myspace kid.

Perhaps even stranger I've also seen it set to the backdrop of a youtube video that was playing music for some band.

These things are flattering. It's a privilege to be an artist in these times, to use these digital tools and learn and be inspired by artists you can view all over the world via the internet on sites like this, and an honor to have your work seen and appreciated.

Anyway, seriously, thanks everyone.

05 May 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread