CG Artists: Nerds with a creative side or Artists with a geeky side?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2005
Originally Posted by Nguyen: what's the definition of a dork, then ...cause i think i fall into that category hehehe. At least that's what my girlfriend calls me. Do dorks have girlfriends? hmm...

I really was wondering what this thread was about. Ah well, .

As to an answer, when my art fails, it's the computers fault. When my computer fails it's the arts fault. I'm just saying there's no proof of either actually. Because in the last case all my files were destroyed too.

I hate it.
modelling practice #1

04 April 2005
I am an artist first, computers don't excite me that much...as my computer science pals...now those are computer geeks and no, they are not artistic, and no, I don't link computer geekness with artistry...and most computer geeks I know IRL are also nerds...but none are artistic...will someone tell me how knowledge of logarithms can be artistic? And please don't post me one of those program generated pretty color graphics...tsk tsk tsk...

Though I am a proud RPG geek.

04 April 2005
How about artist geekness?

I find a lot of "artists" to sport their "eccentricity" as some kind of special godgiven talent which has nothing to do whatsoever with anything geeky.

Some of them lock themselves up, me amongst others, to learn more artsy fartsy stuff. And a lot of them are social derelicts(and I don't say us because I'm in a well ordered state of denial).

J*s*s, did I just say that?
modelling practice #1

04 April 2005
I have a love/hate relationship with my computer, while art I really only love. I'm an artist first and a computer geek second. I'm horrible with computer, while art comes at least half way naturally.

04 April 2005
Originally Posted by Max_Power: Everyone knows that Nerds are between 5'2" and 5'9" and Geeks are 5'9" to 6'4". If any of these people have unkempt hair and messy closets they are artists.

Sweeeet! I'm a geeky artist... Also glasses is a huge factor on whether you are a geek or a nerd. Nerds wear them geeks don't.

I love being blatently superficial.

04 April 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread