CGTalk > Gallery > Featured 2D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 04:35 AM   #1
BramLeeCH
Veteran
portfolio
Bram Lee Chin Horng
CG artist
Fly Studio
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 90

Mr. Cottageback, Bram Lee Chin Horng (2D)



Title: Mr. Cottageback
Name: Bram Lee Chin Horng
Country: Malaysia
Software: Photoshop

A self-exploratory painting I have done during the Lunar New Year holiday. Instead of of the painterly rendering I used to do, I tried to use more texture for this painting. I am trying to make it look like a screenshot of a movie with fantasy theme.
 
Old 02-18-2013, 12:30 AM   #2
victorior
Keep it up!
 
victorior's Avatar
portfolio
Wanchana Intrasombat
2D, Concept artist, illustration and Character design
Bangkok, Thailand
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,246
Send a message via MSN to victorior Send a message via Yahoo to victorior

Thumbs up

Very cute and creative! looks so fantasy and lovely, Cheers my friend!
__________________
Welcome to Imagination_of_victorior and Facebook
 
Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
Pivac
New Member
 
Pivac's Avatar
portfolio
Ivan Stimac
Croatia
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 23
Great idea and so many interesting details to look at, well done
 
Old 02-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
linainverse23
Lord of the posts
 
linainverse23's Avatar
portfolio
Veronica Purpura
Anaheim, USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,951
Talking

Wow, I love all your variations in textures and foliage. Is there some matte painting here in terms of these beautiful details with the ground, leaves, and small plant-life? This little guy's home is reminescent of a hobbit home (just need a round door). I do like the rainbow colors you got with the little butterflies (all of your vibrant colors used add life to this pretty landscape). The grassy covered home is really cool, and I like how you rendered the tortise (especially the scaling of the legs). I'm not sure why the clouds are making those swirly shapes, but I bet that cloud watching there is more fun (I already see a genie lamp, a heart and a Tim Burton curl). I love the mushrooms on the back side of the little home, and I love how you did the walkway in front of the door (although I don't like the big top mushroom as much, the lighting and shading is more, blah, compared to the others). This piece is a blast to look through and see all of the various details you added and the colors and textures you've done. It's a very lovely piece, and if I had more time right now, I'd keep talking about it (I love this kind of detailed work). Definitely a keeper for your portfolio. Keep it up. Great job.
 
Old 02-19-2013, 02:02 AM   #5
BramLeeCH
Veteran
portfolio
Bram Lee Chin Horng
CG artist
Fly Studio
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 90

Thank you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by linainverse23
Wow, I love all your variations in textures and foliage. Is there some matte painting here in terms of these beautiful details with the ground, leaves, and small plant-life? This little guy's home is reminescent of a hobbit home (just need a round door). I do like the rainbow colors you got with the little butterflies (all of your vibrant colors used add life to this pretty landscape). The grassy covered home is really cool, and I like how you rendered the tortise (especially the scaling of the legs). I'm not sure why the clouds are making those swirly shapes, but I bet that cloud watching there is more fun (I already see a genie lamp, a heart and a Tim Burton curl). I love the mushrooms on the back side of the little home, and I love how you did the walkway in front of the door (although I don't like the big top mushroom as much, the lighting and shading is more, blah, compared to the others). This piece is a blast to look through and see all of the various details you added and the colors and textures you've done. It's a very lovely piece, and if I had more time right now, I'd keep talking about it (I love this kind of detailed work). Definitely a keeper for your portfolio. Keep it up. Great job.


Thank you very much for the comment, appreciate that very much. I am really glad you like this painting
 
Old 02-19-2013, 02:04 AM   #6
BramLeeCH
Veteran
portfolio
Bram Lee Chin Horng
CG artist
Fly Studio
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorior
Very cute and creative! looks so fantasy and lovely, Cheers my friend!


Thank you sooo much, your work always inspire and motivate me to paint more
 
Old 02-19-2013, 02:04 AM   #7
BramLeeCH
Veteran
portfolio
Bram Lee Chin Horng
CG artist
Fly Studio
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pivac
Great idea and so many interesting details to look at, well done


Thank you very much!
 
Old 02-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #8
meysan
.:UNCONTAINED:.
 
meysan's Avatar
portfolio
Mohsen Maghari
Architecture
A.B.A. University
Karaj, I.R.Iran
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 471
Thumbs up

I really like it Bram! Congrats.
__________________
.: All your WALLS are... WINDOW :.

Me | In Facebook
 
Old 02-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #9
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,066,480
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
__________________
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
 
Thread Closed share thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.