Modeling and animating clothing in xsi

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2004
Modeling and animating clothing in xsi

Clothing

I have been modeling the dress for a character for the couple of hours and it turned out nicely.

before reading or answering >i just want it to be clear that the quailty im going for a photorealism. I would like like the answers to be base on how a real production company goes about such

I have never played around with syflex and i have never really worked with clothing and animation

My questions are

a) Is it Ideal to model or "not to " model the characters clothing as extra geometry. That is to say should i just model the clothing on the intial character as oppose to modeling the naked character then creating a seperate piece of geometry for the clothing.

b)In a professional pipeline is dynamics for cloth done by using a low proxy copy of the model/object as the colison object for syflex cloth to interact with or collide with

thanx ziah

Last edited by Ziah : 11 November 2004 at 10:33 PM.

11 November 2004
Im guessing no one knows or understands the questions above

11 November 2004
a) different approaches are used for different situations. For example Princess Fiona in Shrek was 50/50 as far as I know.
b) you can use different objects for collsions if it is needed. Depends on situation.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread