Facial animation rig

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2009
Share link again?

Hi!
An amazing rig!
I noticed that on your initial post, you had 2 links to .zip files. I wondered, if you were sharing your rig. If yes, can you please post the links again, the initial ones lead to a 404 page...
Thank you!

Cheers,
Stefan.

03 March 2009
Thanks for the compliments.
I've updated the videos and have put them on my website here.

To finally answer Diependaal's question from a long time ago, the eyelids are based on a lookat constraint. A point looks at another point to the side of it which doesn't move, while the eyelid lookat point has the eyes' lookat target assigned as the the up vector. The up vector calculation is set by the object position, not rotation. The net result is that when the eye targets move, the eyelid points only twist because only the up vector is affecting the eyelid lookat point.

Does that make any sense? These things are always hard to explain.
:¬)

03 March 2009
Long time ago indeed, but never to late..
Actually pretty simple in the end, just breaking the setup up in different pieces. I got stuck there wanted to do it all on ,one lookat.

Now did it with morph shapes, get it next time.

03 March 2009
hey brad awesome work
really good
i see in one of your video that when eye look up or down the lids follow..
how you do that??
thank's a lot

free rig inside for 3dsmax 8

04 April 2009
Not Found :(

08 August 2009
The red splines!

Originally Posted by Chinwagon:

Hey guys! Can Brad or anyone else give an explanation as to how the red splines/paths shown in this picture work? I think I get how the ones around the eyes and eybrows work (they're like a track that the helpers slide along, right?) but how do the ones around the mouth work?

Also, the spline between the lips, does it have something to do with the "sticky lips" feature? If so, how does that work?

I think I get the purpose of all the blue look at constraint lines except for the ones that point to the center of the upper and lower lip. What do those ones do?

Lastly, all the larger point helpers (box type with crosses in the middle) on the cheeks, upper lip and either side of the chin, any idea what they're for?

Thanks!

p.s. This rig is awesome. I wish an educational version of this rig was available to buy. I feel like I could learn everything I'd need to know about rigging just from dissecting this file!

Last edited by Pacermike : 09 September 2009 at 06:23 AM.

08 August 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread