Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 02-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
soth3dlife
portfolio
Fran Martinez%2BExposito
Barcelona, Spain

Send a message via MSN to soth3dlife
Softimage Tips and Tricks

Softimage tutorial Tips and Tricks: Here I explain how to select in Softimage just as you do in other Softwares such as Maya and cool ways to work with symmetry and bending objects. Hope you like it!

https://vimeo.com/60209270

Old 02-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
gustavoeb
Veteran
portfolio
Gustavo Boehs
Fpolis, Brazil

Hey Soth, nice tips
I think it is very nice you take the time to explain SI to other people... But I just wanted to comment on your remarks about the interaction mode. While I understand your frustrations, this topic is much more a mater of personal preference then "being 15 years old" or just plain "stupid". Well, a bunch of old Human Computer Interactions examples could be cited here, but I wont get into this.

Still I just wanted to make a point on sticky keys. When you turn on any tool in SI, by PRESSing your keyboard once, that tool will stay active for ever until you dropit (pressing the space bar, which is the equivelant of Q in Max and Maya) or select another tool. If instead you HOLD the key for your tool it will stay active only for as long as you hold it, dropping just as you let the key go. That behavior works is consistent (to my knowladge) across ALL tools. That includes the navegation tool (s) and transformations (x,c,v) also.
So all you have to do to get rid of the behavior you dont like is holding the transformation keys. To my preference that is a good way to separate quick modifications from detailed pinpointing, and will keep you from accidently selecting something else in a scene with many objects or character with many controlers.

Point made, it is all a mater of preference, and if many people dont like that behaviour, its very nice some one points them in the right direction

Old 02-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread