MAXON Launches Official Corporate Blog

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

12 December 2017
That's an interesting job opening.
I wonder if they're replacing someone moving up, or out? Or if they're adding a brand new position to the payroll?

-ScottA

12 December 2017
Originally Posted by LukeLetellier: That sounds like an amazing job that I would enjoy, but the vast majority of my German language knowledge comes from Colonel Klink, so its probably not the best fit. 

LOL 

That makes two of us. Unless you count Arnold S. in that list (technically Austrian but who wouldn' t like to work with a project manager that talks like the Terminator)?

12 December 2017
Originally Posted by Scott Ayers: That's an interesting job opening.
I wonder if they're replacing someone moving up, or out? Or if they're adding a brand new position to the payroll?

-ScottA

More work requires more people
This is in addition not as a replacement. Thankfully we seldom need replacements since turnover is low.
Switching tracks or moving up happens as well, i for one am now in my third position at Maxon.

12 December 2017
Thanks for the info Srek.
Adding new people to the payroll is generally a good sign that a company is busy and doing at least OK.

Since you mentioned turnover and job changes. Do you happen to know if Matthias Bober is still with the company?
He was one of my favorite support guys back in the day. But changed jobs/positions a while back, and I never knew where he ended up.

-ScottA

12 December 2017
Originally Posted by Scott Ayers: Thanks for the info Srek.
Adding new people to the payroll is generally a good sign that a company is busy and doing at least OK.

Since you mentioned turnover and job changes. Do you happen to know if Matthias Bober is still with the company?
He was one of my favorite support guys back in the day. But changed jobs/positions a while back, and I never knew where he ended up.

-ScottA
Matthias and i are working closely together in the design team.

02 February 2018
I suppose its an old thread but there was another new post not so long ago.

https://www.maxon.net/en/news/maxon...moving-forward/

Man, if only we'd get more frequent updates

02 February 2018
Originally Posted by nejck: I suppose its an old thread but there was another new post not so long ago.

https://www.maxon.net/en/news/maxon...moving-forward/

Man, if only we'd get more frequent updates

One thing that's apparent from recent posts. If there was any doubt anyone still had: V20 will be a big deal, with major architectural changes. Some old approaches, some old plugins will inevitably be broken as the new world emerges.

I'm excited!  I also plan to keep R19 handy if early on there are bumps, or I need use of a deprecated plugin. :-) 

02 February 2018
Quote: As we are always trying to improve our support experience, we will soon announce the MAXON Registered Developer program. This will be our next step in improving and intensifying our relationship to 3rd-party developers, with the goal of better and faster plug-in releases for future major versions of Cinema 4D. Stay tuned!

This is a fantastic idea. It's always frustrating to get a new version of software X and find out its not yet compatible with software Y, and no one is sure when they'll be up to snuff with each other. Ensuring they're compatible at the time of release is fantastic.

02 February 2018
Originally Posted by LukeLetellier: This is a fantastic idea. It's always frustrating to get a new version of software X and find out its not yet compatible with software Y, and no one is sure when they'll be up to snuff with each other. Ensuring they're compatible at the time of release is fantastic.

Afaik there are 3rd party developers out there that have access to the latest beta of C4D. Mind you though, this is not verified info  I'm not sure how much support they can give with 4 people on staff but I really like the idea! From my (limited) point of view its sort of similar to Autodesks ADN.

@IceCaveMan
I am hoping for the same but I don't think we should expect too much. Personally I am hoping for a bunch of stuff that would bring the software "up to standards" for work thats not just mograph related - A completely revamped / improved UI editor, viewport speedups with multiple objects, node material editor, non destructive modeling... Stuff like that  If they'll provide 2 out of the 4 listed I'll consider the release a giant success.

02 February 2018
Originally Posted by nejck: Afaik there are 3rd party developers out there that have access to the latest beta of C4D. Mind you though, this is not verified info  I'm not sure how much support they can give with 4 people on staff but I really like the idea! From my (limited) point of view its sort of similar to Autodesks ADN.

Yes, I've heard this as well - but not all developers are in that group. The more that are, the better.

02 February 2018
Originally Posted by nejck: Afaik there are 3rd party developers out there that have access to the latest beta of C4D. Mind you though, this is not verified info  I'm not sure how much support they can give with 4 people on staff but I really like the idea! From my (limited) point of view its sort of similar to Autodesks ADN.

@IceCaveMan
I am hoping for the same but I don't think we should expect too much. Personally I am hoping for a bunch of stuff that would bring the software "up to standards" for work thats not just mograph related - A completely revamped / improved UI editor, viewport speedups with multiple objects, node material editor, non destructive modeling... Stuff like that  If they'll provide 2 out of the 4 listed I'll consider the release a giant success.
I'd be happy with 2/4 from that list as well...though always hopeful for more. 

02 February 2018
This is quite a positive surprise - https://www.maxon.net/en/news/maxon...gin-developers/

I was unsure whether C4D even had a developer platform like that before this announcement. Autodesk has the ADN "program" for these purposes and its quite extensive and user friendly.

Nice stuff

reply share thread