Room full of spiders

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2009
Room full of spiders

This scene started as a displacement exercise. My plan is to try improve it some more before posting it to my gallery, so hoping to get some feedback here. Thanks!

www.imaganimation.com

12 December 2009
If I was in that room i'd die

12 December 2009
Looks very realistic. The fluorescent is awesome. The ground is the only thing to enhance. Just now it doesn't look like nothing recognizable, it is not cement nor ground earth and has some cracks like dry earth making it confusing to understand what material can be.

12 December 2009
just don't forget about the species, man, spiders usually like enviroments that are hot and humid, with maybe some fungus. the walls of your room seems very dry. they would be dead of thirst very soon, so, if you lock that room's door, they wouldn't be a problem, but, if they have some source of water (humidity) and some source of food (some dead animal or something that attract flies, well, thay could be a very real threat, especially if they're poisonous lol!

but the modeling and the lightning are very nice, the texturing too, maybe the details that I told you could help you to improve your work, who, by the way, is very nice until now!

keep it up man!

12 December 2009
Polygun: I also hate spiders, that is why I choose to add them cause to me there is nothing more scary than a nest of spiders.

Boa: Thanks for the feedback! You are absolutely right about the floor. I am going to redo it.

Rakhan: Thank you. Good point about the damp, going to see what I can do about it.

www.imaganimation.com

12 December 2009
A quick update, still think I can push it some more...

www.imaganimation.com

12 December 2009
Is it meant for dwarves? Bricks are 2.25" high, so your wall height is roughly 5'.

12 December 2009
Strange, I counted the bricks in my room, 28 high, so I did the same for this room. I guess the cement in between (which is almost an inch in some places) raises the height.

EDIT: Just measured, the bricks in my house are 2.5 inches high.

www.imaganimation.com

Last edited by Respawned : 12 December 2009 at 04:23 PM.

12 December 2009
Maybe you can take some of the bricks and darken them, it would give the effect of humid enviroment, but I don´t know if it would be best to take all of them and then dark, that would require some tests. But the scene is eveolving very well!!

best regards and merry christmas to us all!!

12 December 2009
Thanks Rakhan! Going to try darken some bricks to see what it looks like.

Merry christmas!

www.imaganimation.com

12 December 2009
I counted because it just looks low to me, but then basements can be pretty low.

12 December 2009
Originally Posted by Zarathustra: I counted because it just looks low to me, but then basements can be pretty low.

Yeah it does actually look kinda low, I think I may have placed the light switch too high which is not helping, going to measure mine and see how out I am. Thanks for looking, have a good christmas!

www.imaganimation.com

12 December 2009
Originally Posted by Zarathustra: Is it meant for dwarves? Bricks are 2.25" high, so your wall height is roughly 5'.
Was thinking this when I saw the cigerette butt, the bricks and the 2 biggest spiders. Most cigerette butts are about 1" long which makes the scale of the room look very small in comparison, at least for me, especially considering the measurement given for the bricks is 2.25".

Last edited by ArtisticEndeavors : 12 December 2009 at 08:14 PM.

12 December 2009
Originally Posted by ArtisticEndeavors: Was thinking this when I saw the cigerette butt, the bricks and the 2 biggest spiders. Most cigerette butts are about 1" long which makes the scale of the room look very small in comparison, at least for me, especially considering the measurement given for the bricks is 2.25".

I'll admit I never measured the butts so they are more than likely out of scale. Going to fix that for the next render. Keep in mind that these bricks are modeled on the bricks in my house which are 2.5 inches high, oh, and the spiders are extra large on purpose. Thanks for the input, it all helps.

www.imaganimation.com

12 December 2009
Another update. The darkened bricks are working, thanks for the idea Rakhan! I have also rescaled most of the objects.

www.imaganimation.com

Thread Closed share thread