Spline Knife R18 & R19

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

2 Weeks Ago
Spline Knife R18 & R19

Hi all,
can you check if this is a bug in Cinema 18/19.
Cutting a Spline the select cuts points (checkbox is enabled) isn't working. Btw. the old knife tool in R17 is working.

And the same issue in polygon point mode.

Last edited by MarcoPolo7 : 2 Weeks Ago at 01:46 PM.

2 Weeks Ago
Hey! I can't find Select Cut Points checkbox in R19 but there's Select Cuts checkbox and according to Help it works only on edges:
Originally Posted by Maxon Cinema4D Help: Select Cuts
If enabled, newly created cut lines will be selected (visible only in Use Edge mode).

2 Weeks Ago
now, the issue you have in polygon point mode too. If this is feature is cancelled it's a step backwards. I can't believe this.
Imagine that you have to slice hundreds of times and each time you should select the new points manually, idiotic.

Any others results concering this issue, or what think you about?

2 Weeks Ago
It's actually not a problem at all. You can slice geometry how much you need to - all your cuts will be selected at edges mode. The only thing you need to make it point selection is to ctrl-click on point mode.

2 Weeks Ago
Sorry, we speak not from the same issue.

What you are suggest works for polygons, but i'm talk first of all concern SPLINES slicing.

2 Weeks Ago
Oh sorry. My fault)
The one solution I see here for splines is to select or make selection for points already exists and after slicing makes invert selection to highlight newly created points.

2 Weeks Ago
ok, as I said...a step backwards, the new kinfe tool in spline mode is idiotic.

2 Weeks Ago
Hey MarcoPolo, I'm having difficulty understanding the problem exactly. It may be the Las Vegas lights :-)
Can you please share a simple screen that illustrates the problem.

Cheers

2 Weeks Ago
Originally Posted by noseman: Hey MarcoPolo, I'm having difficulty understanding the problem exactly. It may be the Las Vegas lights :-)
Can you please share a simple screen that illustrates the problem.

Cheers
Now, it's simple to check this. Make a spline and use the knife tool, slice the spline, a new point(s) is created, now there is no option like in R17 that the created points are selected ( highlighted) automatically...you need to do this manually. I hope the lights are now turned on?!

Last edited by MarcoPolo7 : 2 Weeks Ago at 04:40 PM.

2 Weeks Ago
Aha, ok now I get it..
The answer is what E2GO said. Before you cut a spline, make sure you have all points selected , the new points created by the cut are NOT selected, so just invert the selection.
I understand your frustration, but I think this is a very simple workaround.

Cheers

2 Weeks Ago
Now, this feature is gone...who nows why. I'm realy frustrated and angry. For this kind of slice I'm constraint to open R17, in the same scene I have a lot Splinemask objects and for this tool I'm constraint to open R19 because Splinemask in R17 has a lot of restrictions. Thanks Maxon for this super workflow, wow.

Last edited by MarcoPolo7 : 2 Weeks Ago at 10:04 PM.

reply share thread