Comics Style Lines

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2003
RMB=right mouse button

CV =control vertex that is used create a spline or path

alt click on the paths layer that u want to select the entire path

or select path using the black arrow tool

if u want the stroke to fade along the entire path....make sure simulate pressure is checked when the stroke path dialog box pops up. It will take everything from the current brush or pencil settings.

Bumskee, Dont use any fade on the brush just make sure the simulate pressure is on

07 July 2003
this is getting rediculous. honeslty i've tried every possible way of going around this, but still, i'm not allowed to select it.

its so annoying. just to let you know, i've been using photoshop for about 4 years, and i never be able to NOT do something.

:thumbsdow

Last edited by ninjacore : 07 July 2003 at 08:18 PM.

07 July 2003
hey,

levi, i hadn't had time to look at ur flashy thingie but i will soon.
, thanx.

2byts, i realised what RMB stands for as soon as i posted the msg. and i attached what i did after ur advice. simulate pressure. with the brush setting>shape dynamic setting to off and pen pressure. am i on the right track now??
also the alt+click?? i still dun know what dat does besides it switching to convert point tool. i thought it was just right click>stroke path with either pen or path selection tool, or alt+click does something else??? anyway, thanx

ninjacore, i been using PS since 2000, at least you know what u are doing. i am lost half the time.

cheers,
Attached Images
File Type: gif stroek2.gif (5.2 KB, 23 views)

07 July 2003
ok, i watched levis handy video tut (thanks by the way). i get what your doing but i just keep getting that damn black circle cursor meaning i cant press it.

i did notice when you made your curves, there was no fill colour. how do you just get the curves without the fill? i think thats where am gone wrong!

EDIT: HAHA, guess what! Mr DUMBSHIT ninja didnt notice the tiny button on the top menu for the pen tool. now everything works a treat.

Apologies to all. but thanks for the guidance. Ha!

Last edited by ninjacore : 07 July 2003 at 12:22 AM.

07 July 2003
ninja,
that is a option at the top of your screen. like there is a hollow box, two hollow boxes...and i solid box i think change your options there. i dont have photoshp open, but im sure thats easy enough to find.

07 July 2003
bumskee? have u ever did alt+click on a layer that has transparency? and then tried shift+alt+click or ctrl+alt+click on a second layer with transparency...the effect is like using your layers as if they were alpha channels.

same concept applies with your paths and channels layers.....
now if u do this with a paths layer....you can select the path...and i belive ctrl+click the paths layer will convert it to a selection (cannot verify cuz maya is doing a 7 hour exporting job)

and yes...thats exactly what i am doing with my stroke path to get comic lines....exectp i have an action script that will automat it for me. I draw the path, and while it is still selected i ht F7 and it will stroke the path and then delete it. It goes by very quickly actually....

07 July 2003
ahhhh, ok thanx 2byts. now i get this a little. i dun usually use pen tool, coz i hate the handles, but i can see where this can come in later. and ctrl+click does make selection. nifty!

maybe i should try the action bit too, it sounds like a good plan and a quick solution too.

cheers,

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread