Softimage hair guides to Maya

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2014
Softimage hair guides to Maya

Hi everyone!

I am relatively new to Softimage and am currently working on a model that has a lot of fur.
Problem is I have to create a version for Maya as well. So before I go and start the fur from scratch in Maya, I would like to know if somebody knows of a way to convert Softimage hair guides to curves that I can import into Maya and use as guides with Shave and Haircut?

I have tried to export the guides as many different formats, including FBX and IGES. But no luck. It seems like XSI doesn't really count the guides as real curves so I haven't had much luck.
I have also tried to use geometry instances for the hair, which I wanted to convert to geometry and export that, so that I can extract curves from the geo in Maya. But since the instances can only be seen during render time, I have had no luck with converting them either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards
Barry

01 January 2014
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread