Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 10-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #1
calicoMoth
portfolio
Dani Leveque
Coquitlam, Canada

Animation Critique?

Hello! I'm in school to become a great animator. I'm not there yet. I was hoping someone might be able to give me some constructive critique on my assignment? The requirements were to use this particular rig and have him do a take, but we had quite a lot of freedom with it. Anyway, here's mine:

https://vimeo.com/78114306

I'd appreciate anything you got! Thanks in advance!

-Dani

Old 10-31-2013, 01:59 AM   #2
claritybeam
portfolio
Brittany Moyen
Animator
Canada

Thumbs up Critique!

Hey Missy,

I think it's great, as with all of your animations, but I'd like to suggest lifting the heel off on the ground when he leans on his other leg, just so it doesn't seem like he's glued. Also, I think the weight should stay on his right leg for quite a lot longer before it moves to the left. Just when he is moving his left leg, the weight isn't all the way on the right leg so he would probably flop over. There's also a little bit of IK-iness like mine has while he sort of turns to look around. I hope I'm not being too critical, but it's just things that I notice. Great job all in all though!!!

Old 10-31-2013, 02:40 AM   #3
claritybeam
portfolio
Brittany Moyen
Animator
Canada

Talking Repost?

Hey Dani!

I'm reposting another critique because that last one didn't seem to have registered. I say, GREAT JOB! The timing is great, and I like his little sneaky look. Things I notice that might need to be addressed would be that his hands still seem IK-y and don't seem to rotate and move with the body, and I might adjust the foot in the leaning pose so that his heel is up. That might help with the leg stretch and knee pop. Hope I helped!

-Brittany

Old 11-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
trimbled
portfolio
Dustin Trimble
QA Analyst
Irvine, USA

Hey Dani, I had a hard time reading the sneakiness when first viewing this animation.
If I was doing this assignment, I would try and break it down into at least two clear and separate actions.
1. With a relaxed acting(to contrast the later tense acting) He pulls out the prop, and gazes at it.
2. He gets the sneaky idea, showing this from his looking around (inward and tense posing) kinda like you have it.

Of course act it out yourself, and get into the character. Take some video if you can. (newer phones work great for this.)

Old 11-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread