URGENT - Render farm needed for weekend!

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2013   #16
I went with Renderking again in the end - it really worked out at the best cost from what I could see. I've still needed to use my local network alongside it, as I could see it was taking a while on the farm alone. Either way, the job should be deliverable on time
Thanks for the tips guys

12 core Mac Pro / 2x Mac Pro 8-core ATI5770 / ATI4870
MacBookPro i7 2.66Ghz

Old 09 September 2013   #17
@kromekat - did you try out Rebus at least ?

sidenote
if the font you use is not on the render node the text is missing or default Arial
since we cant have all fonts in the world avaliable the restriction make sense imo :P

quicktime Mov textures are a problem too - some jobs i did had wrong or missing alpha
I assume a QT decoder problem MAC vs Win or version mismatch
to make sure render is ok we not allowe MOV ro any other film format
single image seq. do a better job
(since the node neeed to load only one small image insteat a full 300mb Mov the render is faster too = less costs)

as you can see - the restrictions we give has a sense
it eighter optimise the costs or it make sure the render is ok

Andre
COE Rebusfarm

Old 09 September 2013   #18
Andre,

I looked on the site, but with timing the way it was, I needed a solution I knew I could use without thinking about any new process etc.

Next time maybe

Adam

MacBookPro i7 2.66Ghz

Old 09 September 2013   #19

I promise - you need 3 minutes to learn the workflow and never want to use something different :P

Old 09 September 2013   #20
Rebus is pretty straightforward once you work out what the farminizer app does. In a nutshell for c4d:

install the rebus app

Install the c4d plugin, this will either popup during the above installation or if not, then you can run the re-install plugins command from the rebus app.

Now from within c4d, run the rebus plugin. the smartcheck button quickly scans your scene and warns you about basic problems such as having to make text editable, unsupported textures and project settings which might cause problems.

Once these are sorted, click the other button to send the project to the rebus farminizer app. This may flag up some other issues, but if not, give it a bit of time and it will show up. You can now upload and launch from the farm app.

Old 09 September 2013   #21
Sounds good - thanks Mash

Originally Posted by imashination: Rebus is pretty straightforward once you work out what the farminizer app does. In a nutshell for c4d:

install the rebus app

Install the c4d plugin, this will either popup during the above installation or if not, then you can run the re-install plugins command from the rebus app.

Now from within c4d, run the rebus plugin. the smartcheck button quickly scans your scene and warns you about basic problems such as having to make text editable, unsupported textures and project settings which might cause problems.

Once these are sorted, click the other button to send the project to the rebus farminizer app. This may flag up some other issues, but if not, give it a bit of time and it will show up. You can now upload and launch from the farm app.

MacBookPro i7 2.66Ghz

Old 09 September 2013   #22
One thing about my farm (RenderFriend) is that I manually check over your files beforehand to see if there is anything that can cause it bork or mis-perform. I've saved a lot of wasted render time by catching stuff before it goes down to the network. With most absentee-managed farms, you get what you get, including mistakes. Food for thought

RenderFriend - a render farm for growing happy pixels
C4D, Vray, 3DS Max, After Effects, Modo, Blender...

Old 09 September 2013   #23
thats what our Farminizer do before the job is send
the golden rule: If you can send job to farm it render correct for sure
ALL! no-goes are eleminated in advacne
99.3% of all jobs i am send run through the farm successfully
the "wrong" renders are usermisstake like wrong camera choosen or hidden objects by accident
in such a case we only charge for electricity the render wasted

a client can send jobs to farm anytime and it start render immidently
I doubt you "manuely check" jobs 4am your time?
Rebusfarm runs fully automated 24/7 - but regardless the automatism we have mail, phone and live chat support 20/7 !
someone doubt? its 2:20am my time writing that lines

More Food for thought ;-)

Old 09 September 2013   #24
Thanks, appreciate the information and being called a liar.

RenderFriend - a render farm for growing happy pixels
C4D, Vray, 3DS Max, After Effects, Modo, Blender...

Old 09 September 2013   #25
i didnt say such

i am not a native english speaker - maybe i am missunderstood
in that case sry - i didnt try to blame you something

Old 09 September 2013   #26
Originally Posted by kmdguy: Thanks, appreciate the information and being called a liar.

I don't see where he called you a liar?

Old 09 September 2013   #27
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread