edit length of bones after weighting?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

04 April 2005
edit length of bones after weighting?

i have a riged and weighted model of an ant, now i want to move the joints of the 6 knees a bit, without the weighted model moving, normaly i will do that with STRG+J but when i move the joints the geometry moves too. how can i anticipate the moving of the model while moving the joints? the weighting should be the same afterwards!

04 April 2005
There is an enveloppe weight operator under your mesh object. Mute it, then make your modifications, then select the affected bones and go in the Skeleton tab and choose "set reference pose", then unmute the operator. It should work.

04 April 2005
thx this is working if there weren't another problem,

the joints i want to move (STRG+J) aren't moveable, i don't know why, i deleted every constrain, and all animation but i can't move them.

maybe someone can take a short look at my ant-rig and find out why these joints aren't moveable?

write a pm and i will send it to you!!

thx in advance
  04 April 2005
hit ctrl+j.. and move the join. or open up the chain kinematics and change the length.
doer of things somewhat technical
  04 April 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread