Carrara 3 announced

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2003
That's starting to look like a NICE 3D program!

07 July 2003
well... if they get a Move>Normal, Extrude>Region and some edge/loop tools... then yahoo... maybe putting the dolly cam on the middle mouse button along with zoom and..... perhaps better quad support..... you know... some Wings3D type power, then ... yahoo, because the rest of this app really rocks

07 July 2003
i totally agree with you ibox, carrara would be a great app if it had some decent modelling tools ( la max/wings).

07 July 2003
well, it looks like a whole bunch of modeling improvements have been made, but... it's sketchy to tell just yet whether or not these new and improved features are just the ones we as modelers know are absolutely required...

with no dmo, and a beta only released to those willing to take a chance to purchase and find out... hmph... a beta should/could have been offered to those like myself, who have Carrara Studio 2... I would know with seconds whether or not it is worth the time and expence...

I suppose we just wait and see... has to be exactly what I have in mind in order to replace Wings3D and C4D... but if so... oh yea, I will be there... some things I really like about this app... just wished it had the tools that would have me working in it all the time...

07 July 2003
How are the bones, skinning and IK in Cararra? I had heard that they weren't great in version 2, so I was waiting to see what would happen in version 3, but it seems like they haven't touched them for this update.
The Guide to particleIllusion, and other pI resources

07 July 2003
Thaat car looks pretty durn good... yea...

now, if we only knew what new box modeling tools there were under the ole hood...

thanx forr sharing this JT

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread