Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Vikram K. Mulligan

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2007
Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Vikram K. Mulligan

Vikram K. Mulligan is entered in the "Strange Behavior Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Render: The Biscuits
Strange Behaviour animation and still.
Eon animation and still.

06 June 2007
Brainstorming

I've had a few ideas so far:

--A CGI tribute to Chuck Jones, showing a 3D "Michigan J. Frog" climbing out of his box, croaking, then bursting into the "Michigan Rag". Upside: absolutely hilarious for anyone who's seen the cartoon. Also, the visual gag might be even greater if the frog is completely photoreal until it starts singing and dancing. Downside: I don't know if I'm enough of an animator to do it justice. I'd also worry about intellectual property issues (though I'd be careful to cite "One Froggy Evening" as my source of inspiration). I probably couldn't use the "Michegan Rag" soundclip unless I re-recorded it myself.

--A janitor in a modern library polishing the floors, shutting off the computer terminals, then sneaking off to the dusty, rarely used stacks to -- gasp -- pick up a physical book and read it! I've actually got some ideas for fleshing this one out with a bit of a story... Could be more poignant than funny. I don't know how long an animation I want to do, though. After all, I need to render this thing out at the end.

--A computer animator struggling to get a rendering right, fighting with his/her software, until he/she finally gives up and paints on the screen (with physical paints) to fix the rendering...

--A flying saucer abducting a farmer's chickens, and completely ignoring the farmer...

Thoughts? Ideas?
Eon animation and still.

06 June 2007
A better idea

I'm now thinking that I'll animate a scene described by Douglas Adams in Last Chance to See (and also used in So Long and Thanks For All The Fish). Apparently Adams was in a train station and he bought a package of biscuits and a newspaper. He sat down at a table to wait for his train, and was astonished to see the man across from him reach over, open Adams' package of biscuits, and eat a biscuit. Adams gave him a look and ate a biscuit himself. The man looked back, and ate another one. They went on like this through the whole package. Finally, the man got up and left. Adams watched him go, then picked up his newspaper to leave himself -- and found his package of biscuits underneath.
Eon animation and still.

08 August 2007
I've been away from my computer for a few days, but I've taken the time to get a hand-drawn storyboard done. I'll post it very soon.
Eon animation and still.

09 September 2007
I was flipping through Last Chance to See, trying to find the part where Adams describes the biscuit encounter. I haven't been able to find it. Am I misremembering? Was it actually in The Salmon of Doubt? Are there any other Douglas Adams fans out there?
Eon animation and still.

Thread Closed share thread