Alternative perspectives ?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2005   #1
Alternative perspectives ?

I apologize if this point has been raised before, but how does one go about drawing accurately 4/5/6 point perspectives ?

My internet search did not yeild very interesting results ... thx for the help.

Old 06 June 2005   #2
bump. No responses ?

Old 06 June 2005   #3
well you've got only three dimensions, I think you can only go for 4 point perspective but then you'd have to also use parabolical tools, and uhm well, motion blur might be the other one... I think...
modelling practice #1

Old 06 June 2005   #4
To clarify, when I say "4/5 point" perspective I'm refering to cylindrical/spherical perspectives which have become popular in recent times ... methods of "resolving" images which require more than 1 vanishing point (panaromas, for example), and reducing distortions when the camara lens is too small ... I am yet to find a formal way of drawing these grids, or even a way of estimating/eyeballing them, or rendering them on a computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx jmBoe for the response, but I'm not very sure what u mean by "motion blur" ??

Old 06 June 2005   #5
http://www.termespheres.com/mh-text.html

Theres an article there on it, also I'd look at some of Eschers work as lot is drawn with somesort of curving perspective.

Old 06 June 2005   #6
I was kidding btw, motion blur as in time being another dimension.

That's weird, rendering them on a computer as in 3d, becasue Brazil renderes cylindrical, spherical and shrinkwrap environments and in HDR formats too. Might be worth a look, there's a demo version too, Brazil RIO.
modelling practice #1

Old 06 June 2005   #7
Sorry, man didn't get the joke, and thx for the link, robot. Brazil renders these perspectives eh ? gotta give it a look. thx.

Old 06 June 2005   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread