Machineflesh 3D Challenge Entry: A.L.Doyle

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2004
Machineflesh 3D Challenge Entry: A.L.Doyle

A.L.Doyle has entered the Machineflesh 3D Challenge.

04 April 2004
Concept Sketch: First Idea

This is still in development. I don't type quickly enough to give you an explanation , but I'm happy that I can post anything at all at this point. All I can say is....don't ask right now...maybe I'll feel better tomorrow...

04 April 2004
I like the concept and the drawing is hilarious but I'm not sure this really fits the guidelines.. I mean who or what is being enhanced?? The cow looks more machine than anything else.

04 April 2004
I'm not sure myself. I think I was playing around with the idea of a machine that made flesh. So steaks came to mind. Also, I got on my high horse about the amount of T&A that seems to get constructed in 3d. So I was thinking of a machine cow/bull that made both, except that it was malfunctioning...Also my machine is made from cheezy parts from a do it yourself automotive store.I think I need to incorporate a gigantic stomach, which would be the flesh part,and I need to emphasise(sp?) the metallic aspect of the animal.

04 April 2004
I can relate to what you are saying about T&A.. my problem with the idea is that based on how I interpret the instructions it should be more like you've taken a cow and added machine parts to it to produce the meat factory... rather than the other way around.

As for why it's malfunctioning.. it makes me think of "Young Frankenstein"

.. if the machine was run by an adolescent male brain.. god only knows what it would produce..

Maybe if the machine had the torso of a human sticking out of the top and the front half of a cow sticking out from somewhere else it might make more sense?

04 April 2004
This post may take some time to appear as I am new and still on probation. Maybe I'll post another drawing. I take your points. I'm not big on reading instructions..I just plow ahead, and that can sometime can be a problem. I've entered this challange to get me on my behind and practicing 3ds Max. I'm almost finished a helicopter and this is a neat change. I think I have to modify the cow because in my head it really is a creature from a Monsanto ,General Motors, garage sale "convergence"and it produces, well, meat, but without the "Fast Food Nation" consequences. I guess I was deliberately taking "Machineflesh" literally and morphing it into "machined flesh". I was thinking about a lathe, and realised that was totally not the instructions.I'm not looking forward to the greasy steel material I want to make because I'm finding all the different rendering options a little confusing. But I do like making procedural materials because it's alot like painting, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread