female spirit of the forest

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2012
female spirit of the forest

Here is a concept I started a few days ago.I just saw a tutorial on making wavy hair and wanted to try it out.
It's been since the journey challenge I made a digital painting. I hope I'll be able to finish it. I will be working during my lunch breaks so it could take a while. It's a fantasy woman that lives in the woods. She has blue hair and butterfly will come out of it I think, a bit like The forest spirit of princess mononoke. this Is how far a got after 4 lunch brakes. This is far from finished but I think it would be interesting to see how it evolves and where it came from by uploading from time to time.

----B-MOVIE---
----my steaming challenge----
----my blog----

08 August 2012

----B-MOVIE---
----my blog----

08 August 2012
monday... a new lunch crunch...
tested some shadows in a overlay layer just to check.
changed her right arm, not erntirely happy but we'll see
still a long way to go

----B-MOVIE---
----my blog----

08 August 2012
messed a bit with the face today.
Tried out some huge flying mushroom. Don't think this will work whitout changing the compostion. Getting to crowded. Could give some nice sss effect thought.

----B-MOVIE---
----my blog----

08 August 2012
changed the composition to horizontal. Now there is room for flying mushrooms . Still not sure if they gone be added.
also not sure about the pose she has, a bit to pin-upy.
Still a long way to go but it's fun. I am curious where I am gone end up.

----B-MOVIE---
----my blog----

08 August 2012

----B-MOVIE---
----my blog----

09 September 2012
I have been working further on the cloth. I like the way some details look and feel alltought I'll have to tone it down a lot to get the figure back in. Also her right arms keeps bugging me tried some different pose this time.

----B-MOVIE---
----my blog----

09 September 2012
too much black, especially in background. Try to add some depth by making the furthest places more lighter and blue. This should work I promise

09 September 2012
worked further on the cloth: toned it down a bit. I think I'll have to do some more.

@IFJ Well I kinde liked the blacks allthought I kno it isn't correct. But as you are the second who mentioned it I thought I give it a try. I does create depth but also gives the impression that the forest ends a bit further. Anyway I'l have to find something that works.

----B-MOVIE---
----my blog----

10 October 2012
Here is an update:
detailing and also layered the different trees in background and front. I have to create some more interesting lighting yet and other stuff. And the right arm isn't ok yet...

----B-MOVIE---
----my blog----

10 October 2012
Here is an update. I just finished my other http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=132&t=1072220 so I've been working on this on evenings too sometimes. I have been detailing the tree and some corrections to the background. Instead of flying fish I thought I make some little goblins which I sketched first. And tried to color. I expected it would go better as I wouldn't start from scratch. So i'll perhaps try to make a base in zbrush.

----B-MOVIE---
----my blog----

Thread Closed share thread