Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 06-01-2013, 12:28 AM   #1
Haas
Explorer
portfolio
USA

Particles fueled by greenscreen?

Hey,

I'm working a sci fi film where I'm trying to have particles form into a person. I attached the green screen footage to a plane with an image sequence and set as a goal. I'm having trouble controlling the flow of the particles. I tried using an automated ramp as opacity map and using the footage as a texture color for the particles. Any ideas or tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-mike

Old 06-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
Duncan
Expert

Duncan Brinsmead
Principal Scientist
Autodesk
Canada

Perhaps you might find it easier to emit from the green screen image(textured emission rate) with the image sequence reversed then playback your finished animation in reverse.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:07 AM   #3
Haas
Explorer
portfolio
USA

Good idea. Thanks. Ill give it a go. I'm having a hard time applying file node color(texture) to drive the color of nparticle. I dropped the file image sequence into the texture rate and clicked the box enable texture rate. It sets the particles to the keyed out movement of actress but I'm having a hard time getting the color of her clothes, skin, etc. to transfer to particle color. Am I missing a step? I'm scouring the web looking for tutorials. Still a newbie

Old 06-04-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
Duncan
Expert

Duncan Brinsmead
Principal Scientist
Autodesk
Canada

The default nParticle setup has rgbPP connected to by the internalColorRamp. If you just rightMouse over rgbPP in the Per Particle Attributes and do break connection it should work fine.

You could also instead set colorInput to constant, which breaks the connection, but it also deletes the rgbPP attribute so you would then need to also recreate it( Add Dynamic Attributes, color button).

This all assumes you've also mapped particleColor on the emitter and enabled inheritColor.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:29 AM   #5
Haas
Explorer
portfolio
USA

Thanks Duncan. Yeah I forgot to enable color. I appreciate it.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:29 AM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread