CGTalk > Software > Maxon Cinema 4D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #46
imashination
Expert
 
imashination's Avatar
portfolio
Matthew ONeill
3D Fluff
United Kingdom
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 8,875
Imagine if you told a plumber that he can no longer buy spanners (unless he wants those cheap plastic crappy ones from ACME Inc.) From now on he'll have to rent his spanners. Its £80 a month for the spanners, pneumatic drill, JCB, scaffolding and cherry picker crane.

Oh whats that? you dont to pay for the crane, drill, jcb and scaffolding? Well then thats the lower price of £20 a month. Per spanner. You need a set of 5 spanners you say? Well may as well get the whole Construction Collection™ then...
__________________
Matthew O'Neill
www.3dfluff.com
 
Old 05-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #47
imashination
Expert
 
imashination's Avatar
portfolio
Matthew ONeill
3D Fluff
United Kingdom
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 8,875
edit: wrong thread
__________________
Matthew O'Neill
www.3dfluff.com

Last edited by imashination : 05-15-2013 at 07:14 AM.
 
Old 05-14-2013, 04:35 PM   #48
ChrisCousins
Lance for Hire
 
ChrisCousins's Avatar
portfolio
Chris Cousins
Lance For Hire
Brighton, United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,499
Quote:
However, you'll be able to use products for 3 months (99 days) even if you're offline."


Quote:
Originally Posted by brasco
Top of the list in the FAQ
http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

cheers
brasc


That's the stated blurb, I've had quite different experiences though, been dumped out cold, lost time and work. It's made me incredibly wary of the whole thing.

FWIW, I've pretty much decided to stick with CS6 for as long as its practical, and see how it pans out over the next few months. It's nothing to do with cash - this new arrangement just isn't acceptable to me however I try to look at it. No doubt I'll have to get on the CC train at some point, maybe 'CreativeCloudVideoPro' or whatever they'll call it once the custom options and price hikes kick in - but I don't see any reason to rush.

It's a shame, that Cineware thing looked pretty useful; but even Adobe admit it's a work in progress, so probably needs a few more versions before it becomes a compelling reason to upgrade.
__________________
ProSite | Behance | Twitter
- - - - - -
Freelancer using Cinema4D? Sign up to the freelance directory: C4DFreelancers.com
 
Old 05-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #49
deepshade
Expert
portfolio
Paul T
United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,245
Have it on good authority that the OFT (UK) is starting an investigation under the Competition Act.

Last edited by deepshade : 05-14-2013 at 05:00 PM.
 
Old 05-15-2013, 05:43 AM   #50
phobos
Over and out
 
phobos's Avatar
portfolio
Dimitris Katsafouros
Creative Director
WeArePitchBlack
Athens, Greece
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvanderwegen
For pure image editing Photoline is more than on par, arguably ahead of the curve. I absolutely love it, and although I have a license of cs6, I only use Photoshop for the odd Photoshop file conversion. 99.5% of my work is now done in Photoline. Because it does things more efficiently.


Hmmm that sounds very interesting indeed!
But to be honest if you haven't told me that it's a good program I wouldn't have picked up on that from the website and the screen captures. If I went on their website on my own I would have left in an instant! It looks like a very dodgy site...
And the example images made with this program (on the sample page).... Let's just say they would definitely have to at least update that part in order for people to consider it as an alternative.

And yeah the interface is really bad. Very dated and quite distracting.

I liked what I saw though on the meat of the program. Just quickly tested it out and it seems capable light and fast. I do miss some things from Adobe's programs but that's understandable.

Having said that I don't see my self using it though any time soon. Things have to get really bad on the Adobe front for me to stop using it altogether.
But it's good to know there are good alternatives out there!
__________________
www.dkatsafouros.com

Last edited by phobos : 05-15-2013 at 05:51 AM.
 
Old 05-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #51
TRick
= : >--[: ]===
Erik Clemens
Archimatics
Maastricht, Netherlands
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCousins
... It's nothing to do with cash ...


From my POV it ALL has to do with cash. Until now, owning CS, at some point you just needed to upgrade to save money or save your license at all. The sooner you upgraded the more money you saved. I have a budget for soft- and hardware and each year in September I evaluate my customers needs and the new developments and decide where my money goes. If features where meager I just skipped a CS upgrade, but at some point I just did and certainly when there was some special pricing. Upgrading from CS to CC at this moment does not make sense since you will always lose money !!! OK, there is special pricing for the first year, but after that you always have to pay full price. So what's holding me from jumping on the bandwagon in a few years and see where all this (and other alternatives) are going. Featurewise (except for 64-bit compatibility) I could still use Fusion4 and PS7 for all my 3D needs Until there is an urging reason or I will start building websites, my money is spent on a long list of non-Adobe stuff. So in the end the positive thing of all this, is that I am forced to rethink my money spending habits

Last edited by TRick : 05-15-2013 at 08:35 AM.
 
Old 05-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #52
alawrence
Frequenter
Anthony lawrence
london, United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 113
CS6 Standard Edition

I am not happy with the creative cloud set up, and not willing to bet on it at the moment. I will give adobe a few years to sort out all the problems and unhappy customers, and hope they find a better business model.

In the short term I can upgrade to CS6 design standard for £212 excl Vat , £260 inc VAT which will keep me current for at least 2 years in my opinion.

Even for 12 months this works out better than a 12 month subscription, with the satisfaction of owning my own software for as long as I want to stick with CS6.
 
Old 05-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #53
EricM
Expert
Eric Marodon
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,217
I just wish we could get cineware to work on CS6 somehow. It seems more like a plugin that something really embedded into AE. Since it's all the old software renderer in the viewport, I really wonder if there's really any tech missing in CS6 to make it work.
 
Old 05-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #54
jumamu
Frequenter
portfolio
Juha M
Oulu, Finland
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 115
http://vimeo.com/66594939 <-nice animation and it has good message.

Think if everything would be only possible to rent.

Rent some condoms (yes, they are used), rent your work for customer number 1 and then rent your work to customer number 2 would it be nice for customers? Would they accept it?
Rent your clothes, rent everything what you can imagine. Rent your Air - it is same thing: without Adobe CS i can't do my job and i can't live, so i need it... just like i need the air.
 
Old 05-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #55
Neil V
Expert
Neil John Vaughan
Creative Director
ENVY
Worcester, United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 752
That's a little melodramatic, don't you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumamu
without Adobe CS i can't do my job and i can't live, so i need it... just like i need the air.
 
Old 05-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #56
jumamu
Frequenter
portfolio
Juha M
Oulu, Finland
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil V
That's a little melodramatic, don't you think?

Nope... No it isn't. it's the truth. I need it for my job - and i need my job for living.
And i need it for my hobby too, and without it... I probably would do suicide because i am very depressed for my life without graphics softwares. I am workaholic.
I have money to upgrade my software some times, but i have no money in every month, because i am freelancer now and i earn money sometimes and then there are these quite/silent seasons but i need my software to keep my skills on the current level (because of my short memory)

Last edited by jumamu : 05-22-2013 at 02:02 PM.
 
Old 05-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #57
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,066,481
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
__________________
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
 
Thread Closed share thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.