Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 02-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #1
GenericGoodGuy
portfolio
Lee Meredith
wolverhampton,

New to animation

Hello I've recently got the animating bug and have tried my hand at animating a model from digital tutors, I wanted to see what my current untrained skills were like before jumping into tutorials and what not.

Could someone take a look at my animation and give pointers/advice to improve my work?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w76X1_Qe7E8 (I have no idea how to embed it, sorry)

Thanks

Old 02-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
musashidan
Bar Stool Enthusiast

portfolio
Daniel McGrath
Dublin, Ireland

I would suggest starting with the basics. Trying to animate a walk without really knowing anything about animating a walk is a bad idea. a good place to start is with 'The animators survival kit' book by Richard Williams. It's pretty much the animator's bible and if you're serious about animation then it's an essential.
Character animation is an incredibly involved and evolved artform and quite complex and frustrating at the beginning. That's why it's important to really study the work of the traditional 2D animation masters of the past. Learn the 12 principles and, more importantly, learn how, when, and why to apply them. There is so much going on in a walk alone that you will be amazed when you actually learn to animate one.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread