Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 01-12-2006, 01:11 AM   #1
[Moose]
Mark Manalaysay
Philadelphia, United States Minor Outlying Islands

Send a message via AIM to [Moose] Send a message via MSN to [Moose]
Good Beginner Tablet?

Hey, not quite sure if this is the right section, but I hope that someone could give me a hand.

I've been drawing for about three years, and only a couple months ago I discovered Photoshop (I currently have CS) and I've been thinking of buying a tablet for my PC. I don't know anything about Tablets though, and I know from a friend that scanning images and then painting them in PS is a hassle

So, I was wondering if someone could reccomend me a good entry level Tablet that's User-Friendly and that's around $100-180. Once again, thanks again for helping

Old 01-12-2006, 03:39 AM   #2
Rabid pitbull
Canis-badis-bitus

James Schneider
Animator
Rabid pitbull Studios
Chicago, USA

Try a search you will get many Many post like this.

Old 01-12-2006, 08:11 AM   #3
CalvinChoy
Enthousiast

portfolio
Calvin Choy
C-styled
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Send a message via MSN to CalvinChoy
Hey,

It depends on what you are planning to do, if you are planning to do paintings i think it is important that you get a tablet with pressure sensitivity. I think wacom tablets are the most used and known brand here, they offer good quality tablets. You can check out the Wacom website to see the range of tablets they offer. For the price tag you want to pay it may be still to expensive, dependend on the size, sensitivity and stuff, but you can give it a try. I will recommend you to look at the Graphire series and see if it is worth it and then also a look at the intuous serie ( the small sized ones, the big ones will probably be too expensive ).

I cant tell much about the other brands, since i've never used other before. Maybe you can test the tablets before buying if possible . . . that is the best way to decide which one to buy.

Hope this helped a little, good luck . . and uh yeah you can try the search function for key word: tablets, drawing tablets etc.

Calvin

Old 01-12-2006, 08:11 AM   #4
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread