A character illustration of Link

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2013   #16
Well in that case I will defend two things you mentioned. One on the hands I did a lot of self posing for these, the hand on the right may be a little long on the finders I will agree to that, the right one is suppose to be pinched together. When I pinch my fingers together like clasping somethnig my hand folds and the fingers overlap producing a narrower hand overall. Also the top part of the tunic and bottom being different color values I pulled this from Stahlburgs paintover, the upper part of the tunic is suppose to be getting bounce back light from the sword which is being hit by direct sunlight producing warm values where the rest is only being lit by ambient light in the forest which is suppose to produce cooler colors from the sky. I didn't go as strong with the bounce back as Stahlburg did I don't know if it is too subtle at this point or not, or entirely hitting at the right angle it seems like it should only be hitting his chest and not his face but the sword has contours so it could reflect forward and up at the same time.

Old 07 July 2013   #17
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread