Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 07-02-2009, 04:22 PM   #31
rashi
Frequenter
portfolio
rashiga walallawita
Colombo, Sri Lanka

thnx guys for all the information well i just got selected for my university so this is the end of ma long vacation and this means lot studyn and less modeling
any way hope someday i''l be able to go abroad and at least visit to a single SIGRAPH

Old 09-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #32
rashi
Frequenter
portfolio
rashiga walallawita
Colombo, Sri Lanka

hi guys i got selected to university of moratuwa,sri lanka well there no course for 3d animation but theres computer science engineering so i think i'll get to CSE and some fine day get in to 3d

Old 09-22-2009, 11:17 PM   #33
pierechod
Frequenter

portfolio
james pierechod
United Kingdom

interesting thread

yea, i have been looking into this myself, i currently work in the industry and was looking into this as a part time endeavour (4-6 yrs - 20 hrs per week).

There wont be a specific 3d animation course in 3d, however as someone said before you can move to either side of the industry.

Someone said computer science (the process of the technology - scripting, plugins, software, alt software, new software and applications (like AR technology), or simply software and hardware integration (better 3d integration into web browser platforms).

I also however, looked at the other side, the artistic and creative elements.

I am in talks with 5 unis in the UK about some of these, however this is as far as i have got (thesis proposal writing!!!).

HOWEVER

I have also been chatting with a couple of industry schools as an additional educational portal. (escape studios, and VFS) - these would be the quickest route to serious industry, these guys have good long standing relationships with the big studio players.

Personally i am at a bit of a loss! - I am UK based and currently work in the north at a good / large advertising and marketing agency (they have offered to fund either). I do like living up North and if poss dont really fancy london. So do i do the PHD and go the research - technical route or do the industry stuff and try and sell the post pro services into the company up here (i would need to create the studio here and build the team up here)?????

we all need to advance and education can often be that route to progression, so what do you guys think?

hope the info helped!

Old 09-23-2009, 02:03 PM   #34
rashi
Frequenter
portfolio
rashiga walallawita
Colombo, Sri Lanka

hmmmmm in sri lanka we dont have big insdutry in cg so i just dnt knw what to do,i jst have to 4gt about my dreams and do a normal ina computer engineering,i'm totaly messed up just dnt knw what to do

any way thnx 4 your reply

Old 09-29-2009, 09:47 AM   #35
praburaj
Veteran
portfolio
prabu raj
DUX soft
Mumbai, India

try

Bournemouth univ UK

Old 09-29-2009, 09:47 AM   #36
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread